Robby Gordon #315 ( Started 13th, finished 2nd )

We started very far back this morning but we caught and overtook loads of cars, so it was a good day for us. We needed to do this, but we also needed to take time back from Peterhansel, on whom I'm clearly focusing my race, and we only clawed back just over 2 minutes.

My car's fast, but so are the Minis, we'll see... Al-Attiyah's also fast, as we saw today with his win and his recovery from yesterday's stage... I'm still racing to win the overall, I've got my work cut out for me, but we're going to do our best in every single stage.

Views: 1839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How will Nasser be feeling when his rear view mirror is full of Hummer?

i think RG wins stage 4 - No cars to pass, except for Al-Attiyah & for the first time this rally smooth sailing ahead.

smooth sailing huh !? on the dakar !!?
i do hope so tho !

hopefully Robby doesn't say "Just Cruising" over the radio, lol :)

+1

Robby's - pumped, sounds motivated & positive.
I don't like where the Team is sitting but its not impossible...with luck & skill - Gas On!!

They'll be following his tracks... he should drive it where they can't.

I agree with Robby, Nasser and Sainz will go away pretty soon as Sainz had electrical problems today and Nasser's buggly will fade away soon. This leaves Peter and De Velliers. All the other SMG and Minis will fade away too.

Nice to hear this style of sober assessment from Robby.

Tomorrow is going to be seriously exciting.

"I'm still racing to win the overall"

Thats all I care about.

Do we have a start time for tomorrow ?

Robby sounds positive and focused. I'm sure he will put on a helluva effort tomorrow and beyond. I do not think, though, that anyone is going to roll over for him no matter what they see in their mirrors. The only thing that stops teams is their equipment, or their equipment through mistakes. Gas on!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service