DAKAR RALLY STAGE 14 - LA SERENA TO SANTIAGO

Santiago, Chile (January 19, 2013) – On the final day of the 2013 Dakar Rally, Robby Gordon and Kellon Walch set the pace to start Stage 14. However, the SPEED Energy / Toyo Tires / MAPEI HUMMER finished the 114KM stage in 6th place; the American duos first finish outside the top 5 since Stage 4.

The Rally consisted of ups and downs for Gordon as a driver and Walch as a navigator. No matter the outcome of the stage, the two continued to battle capturing 8 podiums and 2 stage wins in the world's toughest off-road race. After the roll over on Day 4, Gordon knew that continuing with the Rally would help overall in developing the HUMMER to make it stronger to come back in 2014 to capture the ultimate goal in an overall win.

"I've made mistakes this year, and I'm extremely proud of my team. We have had zero mechanical issues and zero flats thanks to a great partner in Toyo Tires. Also, I want to say thanks for all the support from MAPEI, 4 Wheel Parts, Traxxas and SPEED Energy. My team never got down when they knew we were out of it. They kept their heads together and worked hard to achieve two stages wins. We will be back next year!"

Gordon completes the 2013 Dakar Rally 14th overall, finishing with his signature donuts for hundreds of fans waiting to greet him. The team is ready for some needed rest after several days of camping in the desert. However, next up for Gordon of his many off-road adventures state-side will be the Best in the Desert Parker 425 on January 31st - February 3, where he will return in his no.77 SPEED Energy / Toyo Tires Trophy Truck, followed by the King of the Hammers event on February 6 - 9th.

Views: 2179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great job Robby to you and your crew despite the big set back you did your fans and the USA proud thanks for all the excitment see you in Vegas Mint 400

Thanks for keeping us up to date with videos, articles, and photos. We never had to wait too long for info.

Thanks Thanks Thanks To all that keep this site a go'n......I hope the SST salad bowl racing works out so there will be a 2014 Dakar. I know the Trucks/Drivers/track builders will put on a fantastic show BUT I don't think the fans will fill the stands, I hope Im wrong....See ya all @ Parker KOH and such

see you all next year ....
and another french pilot will show up ... loeb .... will see .
rg must race with a second hummer .... little lighter ... and he'll be ruling this animal .

Wouldnt Ken Block be an option here, or am I completely wrong here?

what conflicting energy drink company is Ken signed with?
The BIG GREEN M

quess that's why Block's not an option

Exactly lol the BIG GREEN M is like a Mr Yuk sticker . POISON STAY AWAY DO NOT DRINK lol

Probably because it's Monster. Just guessin'.

you kidding .... right !!!!???
KB can certainly hold a wheel BUT everything must be well calculated ahead of time and repeated quite many times too .
dakar is a different story .... you never know what to expect from the next note of the road book .
did you check his results ( if there's any !) in WRC !!!???
and do you even know how many time the wrc pilotes and co driver can go over and over the stages ( and take notes ) before running them !?

yes you are in did very wrong !

I hope he has a two or three year deal with sponsors. This thing won't be a success in year one. Especially from what I've seen with ticket prices. Not sure how much money they plan on losing. Hopefully NBC will carry them.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service