Quotes from Stage 7 of the 2012 Dakar Rally

Nasser Al-Attiyah - WINNER!

" The car worked perfectly well today and we attacked from the beginning to the end of the special. We took a lot of risks to set the best time. Our objective is to claw back seven or eight minutes every day. And today we did it perfectly. We will do our best to repeat this performance in all stages from Monday onwards, or even try to do better. At any rate, we have no other choice if we still want to win the Dakar! "

Robby Gordon - Finished 2nd

" It really was a perfect day for the Hummers! I had a flat 25 km into the first special and Peterhansel overtook me, but we were later able to move back ahead of him. We will see exactly how much time we gained on him, but it is obvious that our car is extremely fast on this type of terrain. It is easy to see that it was designed for this sort of stages. We have also changed a lot of things, including the transmission, and it is now a fearsome machine. In fact, I am sure Nasser is going to win this thing... OK, the others are still ahead, but I think we are in a very good position for the rest of the rally."

Johnny Campbell

"Overall good day for the Speed Energy Team. 1-2. Started off bad with flat and I did a slow change. RG put it down and there was tricky Nav in the dunes and we made good decisions and past PeterHansel and Holowczyc and left them. This was the first stage of dunes that we broke trail for the cars. We physically led for more than 100k to the finish. Felt good. Nasser and Lucas Cruz ran an incredible pace to win the stage from behind. Looking forward to rest day tomorrow."

Views: 1946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Clears up any confusion over that matter.

Gotta love Nassar

7 plus minutes.......ridiculous!! WOW....great show by NAA, and Robby to beat on the rest of the boys is awesome!!

Like to have seen Robby pick up more time on Peterhansel today... but as long RG keeps getting podiums he'll catch up. "Peter" is one flat tyre away from losing all that time..

Hate to wish ill-fortune on anyone, but what the heck, we've had our share

Yes and half of it has been called Nasser. When he out there in the next stages going balls out does he expect Robby to stop and bail him out ?

RG quotes added

302 - Stephane PETERHANSELWe suffer a bit

I expected the dunes to be tougher, but at the end it was a mix with camel grass. We never came close to getting stuck. There was a moment when we overtook Gordon, who had just stopped due to a flat tyre, but he later caught up with us and then overtook us at full speed. We tried to follow him but it was impossible. With his wide clearings, he was able to jump over the gaps! If we attempted to go that fast, we would roll over twice. We suffer a bit in these open desert areas.

Take that Minis (hate). Interesting how Robby predicted a nasser overall win..
Has this been talked about, but any talk of getting Nassr in some desert races up north in a trophy yruck?

Vlad, one race at a time! would be fun but TT's are big bucks and RG only has 1. Maybe put him in the 2nd hummer for the 500. That would be interesting

I'd like to see Nasser (and even RG himself) take a Hummer to the Silk Way Rally in July...

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service