Join in & discuss the 2012 King Of The Hammers. Qualifying is on Wednesday , 2-8-12 ( at 7:00pm/et) & the race is on Friday, 2-10-12. Live video feeds & tracking links can be found on our KING OF THE HAMMERS page.

Views: 8120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby knew that there was a good chance of motor fatuge. No time for test and tune on a replacement. Great Job by Robby to Q 5th.....drove the Hell out of it in Q. Hope Robby is back in 2013

No excuses! If you think the motor is not right or as RG said it felt down on power and would not pull 3rd, and if you have a back up motor you change it. My guess is this engine is injected and you should not have to test it as the ECU already has the tune. So it is all plug and play. They had all day to do so, so time should not have been the issue. I am not up on Ultra 4 Racing rules, so I dont know if there was a engine change rule, but unless there was a penalty for doing so, they should have changed it out.

IMO the team gets a A+ for qualifying, and an F for not being prepared and making good decisions for the biggest Rock Climbing Desert race of the year.

So ok an A+ and a F well if I remember being in school that should figure out to a C . I'd say thats a pretty good grade for it being Robby's 1st time . It's been a great cple of months for Robby and SPEED so I ain't letting one bad decision rain on the parade :~)

A racer does not look at an A and a F as equaling a C. You race your RC cars. If you went to a race, qualified on the front row, then come the main you choked and forget to put a fully charge battery in your car and not complete a single lap. Are you going to give yourself a C for the weekend or are you going to say I sucked this weekend? It does not matter if your racing bicycles, RC cars or real cars. A racer never looks at a fail as being OK.

Your a honest mean cookie!!!

Good luck in Daytona!!

I'm just saying this is Robby's 1st time doing this so now he's learned and knows what it takes . Just like when racing RC you practice and test to find out what you need . Robby basically had to shoot from the hip and test while racing . Now he knows what he needs and can come back better prepared next time .
I bet RGMs plan is to have spares for later on. Rob was doing this with short notice. Bummer tho

Not the best finish but SPEED was everywhere at inspection handing out SPEED and was able to get a sweatshirt from the hauler! great week

This race is held just once a year? KOH is not a race series?, or this one was like the B1K of KOH?

The series is called Ultra 4 Racing.. KOH is the big one. Its the Baja 1000 / Daytona 500 for this type of racing. I believe they have 4 races a year. One of the races is usually tied to the BITD series. Last year they did the BITD Silver State race as part of their series.

Was under the bus...........and they found me. Deported back to Buffalo. sorry to here about the plant breaking but ...........but, it sure looked as if he/we/the team belonged there. Off to the circus folks...
off to the circus.

hope he's able to try it again next year.

so.... daytona?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service