http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Robby Gordon finishes fifth at Dakar: Robby Gordon escaped injury despite flipping his Hummer on Saturday and then won the final 18-mile stage Sunday in Peru to finish fifth overall in the event. The race consisted of 5,052 miles over 13 timed stages throughout Argentina, Chile and Peru through a two-week period. Gordon, who owns his own Dakar entry just as he does in Sprint Cup, won three of the individual stages. Gordon couldn't overcome a pair of crashes and a mechanical issue as he finished 2 hours, 16 minutes behind winner Stephane Peterhansel.(Scene Daily)(1-16-2012)
AND: Gordon plans to attempt the Daytona 500, based on a tweet Sunday night, "My plans next month look busy. Parker for sure, possibly King of Hammers then Speed Week in Daytona."(1-16-2011)rong>

Views: 3815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wally it will be the TT at Parker. It will be good as new and ready for battle!

Good to hear just didn't know if he had people back home working on the TT it's much better suited fo parker. Really looking forward to seeing him out there, I don't know my way around the course any suggestions as to good vantage points and good spot for pictures would be appriciated.

For us 1st timers, I would like to know about vantage points. Can you park an RV near the course? Can you bring a Rhino/UTV? I have heard CRIT has a different set of rules for camping/off roading in the area. Any info appreciated.

Go to the BITD (Best in the Desert) website for answers.

BITD site is a little weak from a spectator perspective. Sounds to me like no UTV's and camping near the track is in the pits only. I will call CRIT and the guys at Parker Yamaha. Thanks

BITD has i"m thinking 2 spectator area, one is most likely the main one on Shea road
Past The Chevy Dealer east of town...

Or 40 miles out To Bose and up Bose road..

http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/parker425/2011CampingFees.pdf

Thanks Wes and Duck please let us know what you find out.

Was driving by the Anaheim off-road shop last week and saw vehicles in the parking lot and the shop door was open.

don't really care about nascar wish there was another fair racing seris oh well lot's free time on sundays for me

Sort of like all the great people at ASO or Indy or Score, all run poorly and incompetent. I'll take nascar over all of them.

Nascar is better in what way?

NASCAR is better in that they SUCK all the time, instead of some of the time!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service