http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Robby Gordon finishes fifth at Dakar: Robby Gordon escaped injury despite flipping his Hummer on Saturday and then won the final 18-mile stage Sunday in Peru to finish fifth overall in the event. The race consisted of 5,052 miles over 13 timed stages throughout Argentina, Chile and Peru through a two-week period. Gordon, who owns his own Dakar entry just as he does in Sprint Cup, won three of the individual stages. Gordon couldn't overcome a pair of crashes and a mechanical issue as he finished 2 hours, 16 minutes behind winner Stephane Peterhansel.(Scene Daily)(1-16-2012)
AND: Gordon plans to attempt the Daytona 500, based on a tweet Sunday night, "My plans next month look busy. Parker for sure, possibly King of Hammers then Speed Week in Daytona."(1-16-2011)rong>

Views: 3815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't count on RG being in the top 35 at Daytona by counting all the cars withdrawing like Red Bull. There is a lot of rumors going around about who is trying to buy whose points.

I understand the rumors. But there's not any teams in position to "buy" the points. MWR wasn't able to. Tony doesn't need the points for Danica (can use a Champions Prov).

Red Bull Racing is a different scenario. In the past when a team "bought" points, the previous owner was still involved in some sort of capacity so the points could be retained. In this situation, the sponsor Red Bull, is the owner. The only team even in a position to purchase assets and possibly keep the points would be the new Jay Robinson team. They purchased chevys and converted them to Toyotas. I still think it's highly doubtful Nascar will allow them to purchase the points without Red Bull having some form of ownership.

Trevor Bayne's #21 will get the first spot if one of the points are still available. (they don't plan to run all the events, meaning RGM would move inside the Top 35 if they didn't show up). Next in line would be RGM.

I had my doubts too, but when Nascar nixed MWR from buying I think things look a little more optomistic. Only a few weeks left before teams will be getting ready for Speed Week. I think today it favors RGM more than it did a month ago.

I do agree there's still time for a team to make a deal...but I think it's gonna work out for RGM

Well I will look for him to be fast enough to get in on time as long as he gets good info on the Fuel injection motors from Penske.

Clear as mud.
Gotta love Nascar.

looks like after the 500 qualifying won't be a big deal.

Keep working it Brian, you'll destroy it all in no time

Even if Robby is not locked in at Daytona, it seems clear that after Daytona he will be locked in because some of these teams 'buying' points don't plan on running a full schedule. This should mean that we at least know RGM will be at the first 5 races, regardless.

Wonder if they will have the pink car this year.

I want to see a green and black car for Daytona!

+1

Excited about Daytona but more than that I'm curious about what he's going to be running at parker, with the damage to the TT in the 1000 and the time and effort expended in the Dakar effort has there been time to fix the truck? Maybe run one of the Hummers?? whatever he runs just glad he's going to be there. Hoping to see some of you out there.

Throw an alt, on Nassers hummer and go.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service