Join in here and discuss all the happy hour practice & raceday action for the 2012 Daytona 500.

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 27th

RACEDAY  12:00pm/et - ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? NOW QUALIFIED
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 53740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think he was running from the Federales. :)

CRAZY RACE!

Totally TOG this will definatly be remembered for a long time . The rain , Monday night , the fire . It's been a long weird wknd 

No way does NASCAR let Blaney win this race, not with Junior sitting in 6th. They will restart this race at 4 am if there is a chance the 88 goes to Victory Lane

hay i was disconnect from thr chat ?????????????

Finally back to green here it is Tues morning . This has gotta be the longest race wknd on record 
IT'S OVER FINALLY KENSETH WINS ! On to Phoenix . 

Great Danica's next race is Darlington that will be ugly..............again !!!

wow....what a marathon

That has to be the best Monday night treat for me in a while. Get home from a long snowy slippery day at almost 8:00pm draggen ass and Dad calls "did you see that!" and proceeds to tell me about the jet drier! What the? Jumped out of the car in the driveway to NASCAR on Monday night and 40 laps to go! That needs to happen more often! Just no RG was the downer.

I have some WTF questions?

First I will have to believe what was said on here about RG loosing an engine, even though it was never mentioned in the broadcast. To be honest and I sort of feel this was a S&P to save the car and RG probably knew the motor would not last and why take the chance of hurting an already weak engine, which would cost more to fix then just the freshen up it will now need. I know most will say I'm stirring the pot, but I have never heard of a team going to Daytona with one engine to begin with. Either that or the budget is so small they only have one and did not think they were going to make the show to begin with? Dont know?

My next WTF was with Brad K and his cell phone. I cant believe he was allowed to have that in the car. A smart phone is very powerful and could be used to do many things. First and the most easy would be a simple gps app that would allow Brad to watch his speed when going down pit road. Now was Brad using the phone to do this? Probably not, because if he was he would not be showing everyone he had a phone with him. But the fact is he easily could have. NASCAR has always had a rule about electronics being in the car and now with EFI I really hope NASCAR looks at this and does something about it. IMO Brad and Penske should be fined for having it in the car.

The next WTF was Fox and NASCAR allowing AT&T to sponsor the half time race report and showing AT&T's logo on the scoring ticker at the top of the screen. NASCAR forced every cellular company out of the sport as they claimed it was to protect Nextel/Sprints investment. Yet at the biggest race of the year NASCAR and Fox cash AT&T's check and let them be all over a Sprint Cup race event. WTF?

As far as Montoya hitting the jet dryer truck. I cant say WTF enough, that was the craziest thing I have ever watched. And then to see Juan climb out of his car and walk away like it was just another crash! WTF I cant believe he did not run over to make sure the jet dryer driver was not hurt or killed. From what the TV showed it looked as if Juan never even looked up to see the truck. It is amazing the driver was not hurt. The speed of impact was enough to seriously hurt the driver, not including his doors were caved in.

And my last WTF was this race will go down in the history books for different reasons that having nothing to do with who won. This was the first Daytona to be delayed a day by rain. The first Daytona to be raced on a Monday and the first NASCAR race to start on one day and to finish on the next. Oh and this is not including the Juan Montoya hitting the jet dryer WTF?

Nikal, I thought the whole cell phone thing was B.S. also. During the rain delay Sunday Trevor Bayne said that his broke during practice. I myself was thinking it may have been a way of communicating with other drivers possibly. since they couldn't program the race radios. maybe some kinda three-way calling or something. Just my thought.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service