Join in here and discuss all the happy hour practice & raceday action for the 2012 Daytona 500.

MONDAY , FEBRUARY 27th

RACEDAY  12:00pm/et - ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Full race ? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy/MENARDS/MAPEI
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Must Qualify On Time ? NOW QUALIFIED
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 53740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LuckyLarry7,

Have a great time tonight, wish I was there but this will be a ratings boon for the Network. The transport drivers are going to be busting some serious butt to get their before the weekend. I have a friend that works for Game Creek Video, which is the TV production truck supplier to FOX and he told me that all five production trucks are going to have three drivers a piece to drive to the west coast. They flew in extra truck drivers this morning, they have to be set up by Wednesday evening. Talk about a tight fit in the cab and a tight schedule. RG's father in law will be the hero this week with RGM.. Go RG and gas on Randy

Daytona 500 tonight could be ratings GOLD!!!!
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/46540372/ns/sports-motor_sports/

I suspect a lot of teams with sponsor contracts which are up for renewal will coincidentally run very close to Danica tonight.

Hasn't rained in 2 1/2 hours, track could of been close to dry by now. Looks like a cell coming at about Green Flag time lasting about an hour. They could of started the race earlier, that way this rain cell would not kill getting race started and in tonight. 7pm EST start might come back to bite NASCAR!

A big ones getting ready to hit the speedway and many more are moving in from the West. After a review of the current conditions, Im predicting a noon start time tomorrow. Racing will NOT happen today.

Agreed. Marty Smith, ESPN twitter reports it poured rain at 4pm est. for 6 minutes then stopped...

Theres a lot of moisture in the air, its hard to predict exactly when and where a storm will pop up.

Looks like one more group of cells over Ocala right now, after that should be clear for the rest of the night unless something pops up.

I called that Saturday, But, I had help from a little known government dept. the NOAA / National Weather Service Too bad for the folks that stuck it out.

weather.com just changed from no rain after 7 to rain @60% 8-9. Not looking good for today

Echo

ESPN_Motorsports
Well, the track was nice and dry, now it is nice and wet. Dryers are out.

I hate playing the rain game. 30 laps here, 30 laps there and another 40 laps there... The Daytona 250 is a lot better than a Tuesday race... from what I hear at least.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service