A few quotes from Robby Gordon & Nasser Al- Attiyah after stage 3 of the 2012 Dakar Rally.

Robby Gordon ( Finished 5th, 2nd overall ) - " Good stage for us. Very conservative. Just didn't want to have any punctures or any problems. I am very happy with the results. This is going to put us in position to win the rally."

Nasser Al-Attiyah ( Finished 3rd, 6th overall ) - " It's looking good. I am not really pushing it, since my support truck is still in Buenos Aires. I am using the same tires the last three days. We have to be careful about not needing any spare parts "

" I missed one section of the stage that costed me about a minute. I took it easy in the higher altitudes, which are not very good for petrol engines. Very good finish for the Qatar Hummer. "

NOTE: 2nd support truck will clear customs on Jan 5th or Jan 6th.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't wait till they decide to go....

If the support doesn't clear until then, Robby and company will be on the other coast.. they'll have to play catch up. Wonder who had to stay behind to wait for it?

I am wondering how the 2nd truck did not get there? RGM had issues a few years back with the support trucks shipping via sea. I would have thought they would have worked this out and given a cushion for things like this. I deal with overseas freight as this is part of my job. I also wonder why both trucks were not on the same ship or why they did not clear customs at the same time? Does anyone know if any of the other teams had equipment or supplies held back do to customs or late arrival ships?

It is there in time, but still has to pass customs. Keep in mind the late addition of the #300 meant that they had to quickly get a 2nd support truck to the port in Miami in early December. When RG sent the original support truck in early November, it was only a 1 car effort.

OK so both support trucks did not leave at the same time on the same ship. That makes more sense then.

Sounds like maybe they would drive a bit harder if their second support truck was there. But they realize a breakdown could really hurt their overall finish so are driving according to their situation. Now that is about as professional as it gets.

ive seen robby hurt his chances by being too agressive early. in more than one Dakar he would have already had some sort of issue and would be playng catch up. Hes 54 seconds out of the lead. Other people are breaking trail and hes cruising. Driving smart, saving equipment and keeping shiny side up.

Ya, I agree, Robby is usually his own worst enemy. If "taking it easy" puts him in second place early in the event, lets keep it this way.

TOG or Dakar Expert, So Nasser cannot use a new set of tires until 3 days from now? Why can't Robby's support truck help him? What can he do for three days if he has a problem or wants a new set of tires????

Im thinking as long as they hold air, are not chunked (missing tread) and did'nt bruise the sidewall by smacking a rock, then their gonna save what they got in case they really have tire problems.

I think Skip is waiting for the truck.should make it to Chili for rest day.

Doesn't need to change tires. If he needs them, they are available. They just aren't going to waste tires for the sake of wasting them.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service