Robby Gordon & Nasser Al Attiyah Dakar Stage 1 Quotes

ROBBY GORDON - " We were setting a fast pace until we saw Nasser stopped at the side of the special's course, less than 2 km from here, and I stopped to tow him. This has cost us some time, but I am especially concerned about him. We will make the exact diagnosis at the bivouac, but his car simply refuses to start. Perhaps there is a problem with the oil pressure, the petrol... I do not know."

NASSER AL ATTIYAH - " We had an engine oil pressure loss and preferred to wait for Robby to tow us to the finish, since we did not want to damage the engine... We will see, but this does not look good... And, whatever happens, this is not a good way to start the Dakar! "

additional quotes will be added here.

UPDATE:

Both HUMMERS now At the Bivouac. Let's Race !

Views: 5417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

..."refuses to start" is a lot better than "big hole in block"

Ouch.
Let the Monday Morning Quarter Backing begin.
Lets hope it is a $20 part that is not on the 2nd truck.

Damn I really hope this works out for Nasser if not talk about a black eye for RGM.( I know racing stuff happens but stage 1)

Alfie Cox's Volvo burnt to the ground.

That's bad.....

I hope they turn this out for the best

According to the chat, the breakdown happened 2k from the end of the stage, and even with Robby stopping and towing Nasser to the end, Robby finished only 49 sec behind the leader. Nasser was the first driver to start the stage, so I suspect he lost quite a bit more time to the leaders.

It is a LONG drive from the end of the stage 1 special to Santa Rosa De La Pampa where the biouvac will be for the team. I seriously doubt we will hear anything until much later tonight about the status of the #300.

Is Robby towing him the full distance?

Couldn't he pull start him ;)

Sounds to me like there is no spark.
Check that hanging wire you see in TOGs Pic of Al in stage 1 on front drivers side.

Theree I go with that Monday Morning quarterback shit.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service