Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2012 Bristol #1 cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge into the field. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee track. UPDATE: Robby Gordon had to withdraw after the McClaren techs couldnt diagnose the problem with the EFI/ECU shorting out. Car would not start.

FRIDAY , MARCH 16th

Practice 12:00pm - 1:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )
Qualifying 3:30pm - 4:30 pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , MARCH 17th

Practice   9:30am/et - 10:25am/et ( TV - SPEED )
Happy Hour 12:00pm/et - 1:00pm/et (TV -SPEED )

SUNDAY , MARCH 18th

Raceday 1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:15 pm/et ( TV - FOX )

TOP F.A.Q

1. Back In Black Scheme? YES
2. Sponsors ? SPEED Energy
3. Crew Chief ? Miles Stanley
4. Full Race? NO
5. Souvenir Hauler ? NO

LIVE GARAGE CAM

Views: 19924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

done

thank you haha Like I said, Im sure nobody will look up top, but oh well hahaha

Thanks once again TOG for the update that is posted up top.... but I am still reading through the thread... :)

Sucks for Robby, but Bristol sucks anyway. If he had made the race he would have likely been collected in someone else's mess and trashed a perfectly fine chassis. I know it's big money to make these races, but I wish he'd just leave that boring, redneck racing for good.

Well I don't agree with your opinion of boring redneck racing (and that's just my opinion) but do agree with you that it could be a lot worst.
The races themselves aren't as boring as the coverage of the races make them to be.

re-watching the end of practice , it looked like there were at least 5 techs in blue collared shirts ( perhaps Mclaren / EFI ??) around Robbys car.

Were they scratching thier heads, or another part of their body?

Mulhern on twitter:

The McLaren guys looked at it for an hour and a half and still could not figure out why it wouldn't fire ?

I remember the old days when either your didn't have spark, or you didn't have fuel. Although high-tech in their components, these engines are also supposed to be fairly basic in their make-up, so you really gotta wonder...

Edit : If everyone has the same box, you gotta wonder why Dodge has all the problems. Something in particular about the Dodge engines themselves causes the boxes to fry ? I suppose I can see where McLaren might be confused, as I suspect all the Dodge team(s) are confused.

It shouldn't be rocket science to figure out what the problem is. One would think these boxes would have been built with a bit more robustness to them...

Photo posted on main page shows one of those guys at the front of the car.

I had a Dodge Powerwagon and it wouldn't start everyone I knew for 3 hrs took a shot at diagnosis. Turned out to be a porcelin balast resister. On a good note just went to my local SPEED E nergy outlet and the clerk presented me with a couple of SPEED decals and a couple oof 6 in. orange slashes that my SPEED DISTRIBUTOR had left for me . Probably because I am so cool and such a good customer. lol

All i can say is nascar wont report this or if they do it will be very little... but if it was jeff gordon or jimmie or someone big this would be major news for the past how many hours...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service