Join in and discuss all the action for the 2011 SPEED Energy Desert Challenge in UTAH. Robby Gordon is running the SPEED Energy HUMMER. 

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 30th 

QUALIFYING 12:00pm - 3:30pm

LEAP  7:00pm - 8:00pm

SATURDAY OCTOBER 1st

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

SUNDAY OCTOBER 2nd

TT RACE 1:00pm - 2:30pm

* All times Mountain Standard

Views: 10121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any publicity is good, but Utah, know for it's high Morman population would not be a good target audience for an energy drink. Or at least the ones that follow thier rules.
But it is great to see SPEED sponsoring an event.
NIKAL, I understand what you are saying and you are right about the soil around Tooele as I have done some off-roading up there, probably around the same place the track is.

I also understand how it is getting harder and harder to hold a race, but this is nothing new. The first big wake up call was in 1976 and that is when the changes started to happen. Las Vegas has held closed course races before and they get a desent car count and spectators. For years I didn't think a thing about driving from Carlsbad up to Vegas, but the trip to Utah is just too much even though I now live in Elk Grove and it is a little closer to Utah.

I am happy to see HDRA coming back and I hope they are able to host some good races.
Elk Grove Ca,?
Yup, Elk Grove. Just up the road from you.
Yeah pas through every day.
I work in Folsom.
DUST they canceled an off road race because of DUST! WTF... all of Nevada/Arizona/Utah is silt and we have raced in it for decades, some up to 3ft deep.
Well with that race being so far away, in Utah and now canceling at the last minute it will NEVER happen in the future. It was a great idea just needs to be closer to Vegas for the first one at least.

Bring back the Las Vegas Challenge Cup at the speedway?

HDRA was a GREAT series when Danny C ran it....Roger will make it happen again, Im IN where is the first race at!
Very cool of Robby (just like him to do that) Wow Robby can't buy a break! Get another event going in Vegas and Ill help with the logistics for commission only.... F those promotion companies!
Here is RG's pit.
Bummer to hear that JEEP is gone, I heard they left...but I didn't want to believe it.
WOW JEEP GONE?!?! So is this just for the Miler event or does this reflect Dakar to?
It didn't seem that long ago he was looking at a 3yr deal for Dakar with Jeep.
@Scott, do you have a source for this rumor, or speculating becouse this rig hasn't been swithed over?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service