Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Phoenix #2
cup race. Robby Gordon will attempt to qualify & IT IS a full
race ( last full race of the year ). Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Arizona track.

FRIDAY , NOVEMBER 11th

Practice               1:30pm - 3:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )
Happy Hour          5:30pm - 7:30 pm/et   ( TV - ESPN2 )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , NOVEMBERBER 12th

Qualifying            1:30pm/et - 2:30pm/et ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , NOVEMBER 13th

Raceday           3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:16 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Charlotte, NC (November 11, 2011) – Robby Gordon will return to the wheel of the No. 7 SPEED Energy / MAPEI Dodge Charger R/T in the Kobalt Tools 500 this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway.  The one-mile track in the Arizona desert underwent a major repave following its NASCAR races in February, which included a track reconfiguration and the addition of progressive banking.  The significant changes leave teams with a lot of unknowns headed into the weekend that will challenge all NASCAR’s top competitors.

Robby’s Remarks – “I’m really looking forward to racing this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway and having MAPEI on board with us,” commented Robby Gordon.  “In the past, it has always been one of my favorite tracks, but it’s likely to be a much different circuit this weekend.  I haven’t personally been on the track yet, so I’m very excited to see what kind of racing the new surface will produce.  I have talked to several drivers that attended the open test a few weeks ago, and I’ve heard a lot of feedback from that session.  Everyone has said that it took a long time for rubber to build up on the track, so we don’t know if there will be one racing groove or two.  If the second groove doesn’t come in, track position will be the key to success in Sunday’s race.” 

Past Phoenix Performances – Since beginning his Sprint Cup Series career, Robby Gordon has recorded 18 starts at the 1-mile oval in Avondale, Ariz.  Over the years, Gordon has recorded more than 5,000 miles at Phoenix International Raceway, and has achieved two top-ten finishes.  Gordon recorded his best finish, seventh, during just his second trip to the Arizona desert. 

Weekend Appearances – Gordon will be at the Bashas’ track store on Saturday at 5 p.m. On Sunday, he will be at the SPEED Energy souvenir trailer at 9 a.m.

Baja 1000 – Following the race at Phoenix International Raceway, Gordon and his SPEED Energy / Toyo Tires team will travel to Ensenada, Mexico, to compete in the Baja 1000, one of the most prestigious off-road racing events of the year.  After taking the green flag on Friday morning, November 18, at 11:30 a.m. PST, Gordon will have exactly 32 hours to complete the event.  The 692.82-mile course loop, known for its unexpected challenges and pushing competitors to the edge, will send racers across the rugged terrain of the Baja Peninsula with the race both beginning and ending in Ensenada.

Views: 9241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Season was a "C"? Sorry I have to disagree as from Dakar, to Baja to NASCAR< the program has not been good. They earned a good solid F on the results, and a C on effort. Too many prep mistakes.

A good run at Baja my be the start of turing it around going into next season racing

Tell ya what start a new business AND run another then add yet another on top of that then come see me and tell me Robby failed

Robby gets an F based on results, not on how many cans he sells.

You all want Robby G. back in the top 15 or top 10 .Just buy a lot of SPEED. Not just one or two cans at a time but like 4 or 5 cases. Hand it out to your friends .It will sell it self.

money buys those results

A wise man said one time "get me a beer". That was "one time", from then on out it was get me two. I found a great use for the ashes from my grill, to some they were ashes to me they were the substance for which I would create a great product. From this seasons ashes will come some good I'm sure.....I don't have an exact example sample or otherwise pinpoint projected outcome that would in turn reflect my thinking at this time but I guess my statement is nothing more than evidence that perhaps I'm cut from the same cloth of those who are in and along for the ride hell or high water till the end. My personal circumstances find me short of any meaningful contribution at this time that could be of any value in anything other than long distance love. In other words my heart is in this but the calender has to flip before i can act on any heart felt desires. As per much of my babble....... being tied up in red tape is as strong as any rope known to man kind. Sometimes it's a good idea to leave some of the dirt on your boots as it can be a chevron as of sorts as to who you are and where you've been.
Gas On

Sell cases to win races

Derrick gets an F based on his comments every freakin day! Dude why spread your misery!

And dont even get me started on martinez lol

He's got to be a LIB.............no other answer.

lets not bring politics into any of this please. This is a racing forum

Start up my own team, dude can't you do bvetter than that. How about take an objective look and evaluation of the season Robby had instead of you taking it so personal.

The year stunk for RGM, period. As Robby says, it is what it is.

GAS ON

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service