Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Infineon 350 cup race.Robby Gordon returns to the #7 SPEED Energy Dodge on Sunday. Please note, a second car for PJ Jones will attempt to qualify this weekend. The #77 of Jones will sport the SPEED Energy colors.Also, the In-car camera will be provided for Robby Gordon by TNT.Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the California track.

FRIDAY , JUNE 24th

Practice           3:00pm - 4:35 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Qualifying         6:30pm - 8:30 pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JUNE 25th

Practice          12:30pm -  1:15 pm/et  ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour       1:45pm -  3:00 pm/et  ( TV - SPEED )

SUNDAY , JUNE 26th

Raceday           3:00 pm/et , greenflag at 3:18 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon INFINEON 350 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                YES
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                2010 Chassis/2011 Updates
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED Energy/ GNC
                                                                            5) Motor?
                                                                                Penske

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's grilling season so the heavy duty foil is in the house, this particular hat works great, it's fully tuned and I picked up that Goodyear under direct orders from NAZICAR have given RGM some harder than normal tires. I had a friend in California bring his unexerpation gauge equipped with triangular needle sensors and residual atmospheric variation over ride capabilities to the track. If he is able to breach security he will get this to the team so they will be able to identify any blemished tires. I mean it's the least a fan can do since i'm way the hell over here in Buffalo NY.
GAS ON
P.S. I hear a copter going down.
Man.......The qualifying laps put down by both speed cars were two of the ugliest for sure...I was thinking he would start around 20.....The good thing about starting 28th is that it gives him a better chance to catch a break doing a quick pit if a yellow comes out.....

Good thing they have two cars and two practices tomorrow.....if they can get some things figured out in practice he has a shot at finishing in the top 20...IMO from what I saw today I think the only way he cracks the top 10 is if he runs clean and fast (which he can do) AND catches a lucky break or two........right now car is not top 10 material..not even close....nonetheless I'm looking forward to Sunday...Road Races rock!
I am not worried about starting 28th, you can come in around lap 10 or so and get tires and fuel which will let you stay out for track position in the middle of the race. Hopefully the extra stop strategy will leave fuel for a gwc and allow you to have fresher tires at the end. I do think the tires will be a major story this year because they are softer and will have a greater fall off. I am not sure you want to be the first one to do your last pit stop this year, I do not think the tires will make it and the fresher tire cars will drive right around.
28th is falling exactly into the plan... anybody can start on pole and run a race without having to pass anyone... but, how much fun is that, and how much airtime do you really get compared to someone who will be charging up from the middle of the pack.... you all need to realize that we are FIRST selling and growing a product, and SECOND racing a race. we might not like that order, but that is the way it will happen until we grow our brand and can really afford to do things (racing) the right way. robby will get much more airtime by passing 27 cars on his way to the front and picking off 1 or 2 cars on the hard breaking areas than he will ever get by starting on the pole and just checking out. we will get a ton of "free" advertising this weekend... it will be a great weekend for speed!!! gas on to the future! build our brand and our team. im in it for the long haul!
Wow !!!!!!
Someone who finally gets it . Robby is running a race team as a BUSINESS as WELL AS selling SPEED
I couldn't agree more Scott. Hell, if you watched practice today Robby got TV time AND they went to the garage to talk to him / had it on speed. Even PJ got a lil for his mishap he had going into the grass, but mentioned he was driving for speed and Robby was doing the 2 car team. So far, other than not the greatest setup in the world, it sounds like the weekend is starting off great! I'm excited, Sunday couldn't come sooner in my opinion.
I admire your passion, but you're a little off on some of your statements.

Do you honestly think that when Robby straps into the car at a road course, his mindset is about Beverage Sales? He's there to win....period! And I'm guessing you don't watch much Nascar on TV? Current TV broadcasters follow the leaders (and Junior) the majority of the time. Not since the Parsons/Jenkins ESPN days do they cover the entire field. If Joey checks out at the start, he'll get more TV time than Robby even if RG passes a car a lap for the first 20 laps.
But more TV time is coming even if a little slowly. Speed (TV) even used the Pink SPEED car in a segment of NASCAR Performance last week.
Now that's funny
Looking forward to seeing the #22 today in the Nationwide - all or nothing!
He is racing and it is all good. Always fun to watch Robby race to the front and I am sure we will all enjoy a good run.
Really like the Speed Dodge - how much info sharing is going on between the Penske Teams and RGM?

Anyone have race finish predictions - #7 or #77 ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service