Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona 500 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 SPEED Energy/ TBA/ DODGE.The team is locked in for the first 5 races of the season, & will run a limited schedule after Bristol.Here is the 2 week schedule for RGM at the Florida Track.

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 12th

Practice             11:00am - 1:00pm/et   ( 41st Quickest )
 Practice               2:00pm - 3:45pm/et   ( 40th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  13th

Qualifying             1:00pm - 4:00pm/et   ( 19th DUEL #2 )    

WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 16th

Practice              10:40am - 12:00pm/et  ( 32nd Quickest )
 Practice                1:30pm -  2:50pm/et  ( 23rd Quickest  )

THURSDAY , FEBRUARY  17th

DUEL 150's            2:00pm - 6:00pm/et   ( Finished 17th)

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY  18th

Practice             11:00am - 12:00pm/et   ( DNP )
 Practice             12:30pm -  1:55pm/et    ( DNP ) 

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY  19th

Happy Hour         10:30am - 12:00pm/et   ( 4th Quickest )

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  20th

RACEDAY             1:00pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - FOX )   

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon DAYTONA  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                No
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED ENERGY & HARRIS TEETER
                                                                            4) What is the new car make ?
                                                                                DODGE / Penske Motors
                                                                            5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
                                                                                Yes ! stay Tuned!

2010 Daytona Images

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a great time out there! Have fun and sell some SPEED.
Idle speculation: I wonder if this two-car-tango would work the same way if the cars still had the wing, instead of the spoiler?
great point.
I think I remember hearing last year on race hub that the spoiler punches a bigger hole in the air and allows more side drafting where the wing would allow diffusion( air escaping under the wing) causing side drag and slowing side by side racing and passing so the two car thing who knows. but i do know this that the new surface has changed the racing more than any car changes. the drivers no longer have to pick the clean line or avoid the bumps.
this cluster reminds me of love bug season in Florida.
I think this site now has an Auto-Delete when I post.
All in all, this racing sucks as final product. Guys were actually slowing down when exiting pit road so they could "hook" up with their dance partners. Slowing down purposely? Wtf? Nascar should be embarassed with all this. "Love bug racing?"........Not cool. Not racing.
i agree. the duels are usually 2 of the best races all season. yesterday they sucked
dream scenario: last lap busho needs a push to take the lead and guess who dumps him!
Hope I'm wrong, but RGM seemed to really be caught off guard with the new racing at Daytona. I know they were in the wind tunnel instead of testing, but it was widely reported about this 2 car pack deal. Yet Robby didn't really practice much for this new style of racing (if you can call it that) and even on warm up laps was still trying to decide who to run with. (didn't help that until the one to go lap that they didn't realize Casey had to drop to the back) I would think you would make some of those decisions before the start. I realize those can go out the window once the action starts, but at least have some kind of plan. And don't have just one option. When Casey blew, Robby was really left scrambling with no plan, you could hear his desperation on the scanner. He's got to realize that teammates will run together as will other natural pairs. At times yesterday he kept telling his spotter to tell so and so we'll go with him, while his teammate was right in front of him. And I'm afraid the lone wolf mentality that makes Robby attractive to so many will bite him in the butt with this kind of racing. Robby says this is a marketing company that races, well now is when he needs to use his skills to market himself to other teams on reasons to team up with him in the race. Otherwise it's going to be a long day on Sunday.
People need to quit being so sensitive. Robby ran the race yesterday, he knows what to expect now. THEY HAVE NOT RUN THE 500 YET. He is a professional & will adjust on Sunday. Again, it WAS NOT the 500.
Thank you TOG !!!
Thats exactly what i was saying during the chat on Thurs. Seemed like everyone was putting Robby down cause he wouldnt hookup with anyone but Casey Mears and didnt wanna be a pusher but only the pushee . I was like geez people are YOU in the car driving it ? NO ! they werent ! Have a lil faith people this aint exactly Robby's 1st time driving a racecar .

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service