Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona 500 cup race. Robby Gordon will drive the #7 SPEED Energy/ TBA/ DODGE.The team is locked in for the first 5 races of the season, & will run a limited schedule after Bristol.Here is the 2 week schedule for RGM at the Florida Track.

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY 12th

Practice             11:00am - 1:00pm/et   ( 41st Quickest )
 Practice               2:00pm - 3:45pm/et   ( 40th Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  13th

Qualifying             1:00pm - 4:00pm/et   ( 19th DUEL #2 )    

WEDNESDAY , FEBRUARY 16th

Practice              10:40am - 12:00pm/et  ( 32nd Quickest )
 Practice                1:30pm -  2:50pm/et  ( 23rd Quickest  )

THURSDAY , FEBRUARY  17th

DUEL 150's            2:00pm - 6:00pm/et   ( Finished 17th)

FRIDAY , FEBRUARY  18th

Practice             11:00am - 12:00pm/et   ( DNP )
 Practice             12:30pm -  1:55pm/et    ( DNP ) 

SATURDAY , FEBRUARY  19th

Happy Hour         10:30am - 12:00pm/et   ( 4th Quickest )

SUNDAY , FEBRUARY  20th

RACEDAY             1:00pm - 5:00pm/et   ( TV - FOX )   

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon DAYTONA  500  Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                No
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Steven 'Bones' Lane
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                SPEED ENERGY & HARRIS TEETER
                                                                            4) What is the new car make ?
                                                                                DODGE / Penske Motors
                                                                            5) Anything else new for 2011 ?
                                                                                Yes ! stay Tuned!

2010 Daytona Images

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think he will pick up speed with more practice time; at a slight disadvantage in the early going because of not being at testing. Not to mention getting the feel of a whole new car.
There is a lot of track time at daytona, the 29 is always at the front at the end on plate tracks, his times today were poo also, I'd just want to get that energy drink logo out there during todays sessions, they need to sticker up the inside of the car, that window shot was a big miss in my book. The 7 will be alright in the 500, its just making it till then with out killing the car.
These annoouncers drive me nuts....you would think they would know the friggin Daytona 500 procedure by now...

No Jimmy Specncer...qualifying DOES NOT determine which Duel race you are in Thursday....thats already been determined by last years Owner Points... qualifying determines where you START in your already assigned Duel Race...

such morons...
Even my man Mike Joy seems disconnected this year, what about DW asking on air "whos the crew chief on that car" what a bozo.They dont even try to hide it anymore, how sad.
Qualifying DOES matter where you start for the duels. Odd qualifiers are in first race, and the even qualifiers are in second race.
Yeah I could have swore that was the case as well
I thought the Duel fields were determined by alphabetical order according to mother's maiden name multiplied by number of syllables of birthplace to X power (car number) divided by owner points + 2010 bonus points accumulated minus testicles.
Here is the procedure:

First Race:
The odd-number positions (1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.) of the highest-ranked 35 finishers in the final previous NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car owner points standings.

Second Race:
The even-number positions (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.) of the highest-ranked 35 finishers in the final previous season NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car owner points standings.

The Daytona 500 pole winner will appear in the first race regardless of their owner points finish, and the second place qualifier will appear in the second race regardless of their owner points finish.

The lineup for each qualifying race will be set based upon the qualifying speeds in the time trials for all cars, including those who are among the highest-ranked 35 in the final previous season car owner point standings. The highest-ranked 35 designation does not determine the car’s starting position, only the assignment of its 150-mile qualifying event.
@ Josh...nope lol...Odd finishers in top 35 Owners pts from last year are int he first duel....LINED UP by their qualifying results from Sunday....THe Evens from the top 35 Owners lasyt year are in Duel 2 LINED UP by their qual results from Sunday.. with the pole/outside pole sitters from Sunday the only excpetions

Only the GOGH cars get placed into the Duel Races AND lined up based on qual speeds...1st fastest GOGH in Duel 1...2nd fastest in Duel 2 and so on..
Jimmy also said Danica ran great last year....lol
Confirmed by Bob Pockrass that the Duel lineup's are set by your qualifying results. Even's in one race and Odd's in another.
Bob Packrass is an idiot....back to my original post about how dumb the people who work for and report for NAscar are...lol

Robby will be in Duel 2 based on his 32nd Owners pts.....unless he gets a pole...

He will start...well based on todays 2nd practice sheet..somehwere around 20th if those times hold for Sunday

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service