Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2011 Daytona #2 cup race. The #7 is locked in for this weekends race. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Florida track.

THURSDAY , JUNE 30th

Practice                4:00pm - 5:20pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )
 Happy Hour           6:35pm - 8:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

Practice Live Leaderboard

FRIDAY , JULY 1st

Qualifying            4:10pm - 7:00pm/et   ( TV - SPEED )

SATURDAY , JULY 2nd

Raceday              7:00 pm/et , greenflag at 7:45 pm/et  ( TV - TNT )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Daytona Top 4 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                            2) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Mile Stanley
                                                                            3) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                               SPEED Energy
                                                                            4) Is the car going the distance ?
                                                                                As of now, nope.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll bet Joe is regretting bypassing the NBP! He forgot that the plan is the plan,is the plan.The expense of a RP engine may have been the lure!
Trailer racing = those stupid 2 car drafts, not the race to get the car back into the trailer...
trailer racing-boat racing,same thing.I know what you ment.difference is figure eight boat/trailer racing is way more entertaining than the show from Daytona!
ROBBY GORDON (No. 7 SPEED Energy Dodge Charger R/T) Finished 34th
“We got busted on a pit stop and that hurt us. And, we didn’t get the drafting help we expected. We should have finished at least 27th, but ended up 34th. We’re still in the top 35, so that’s a plus for our team. With a little drafting help, I think we could have finished a little better.”
why is it no one will draft with robby?
Most teams already established their drafting partners well before the race....RG wasn't originally running this race...he was good to go with the #32 & ran as high as 18th, but when they got separated while approaching the #71, the #32 wasnt going to come to a stop to get back with the #7....just the way it is...I really miss big pack racing
You are only as good as the guy you are with. At least with pack racing one guy could move through the pack in a couple laps. I miss it too
Yep, this was a race you really couldn't afford to "audible". To decide on race day that you are gonna run the whole thing just didn't work. It didn't help that Texas Terry jumped ship to run with Lally. That was a total shocker. Guys that made arrangements still let it be known that if they were able to reconnect to their original partner, they would. Cousin Carl not wanting to help at least get Robby back up to the middle of the pack??? That made me as mad as Robby for their spotter to say "he won't work with you". Oh well, what comes around goes around. I am sure those tidbits get tucked away in the memory bank.
I agree, IMO it doesn't make sense just to draft with certain cars, Do what it takes to get to the front.This team drafting is ruining racing. It seem to me winning is taking a back seat for good of the team. To me drafting with teammate are risking two car instead of one if a wreck happens.
I just hope one day all these asshole that don't want to work with RG on the track are lining up to drive for RGM and the speed sponsor.
Exactly this team drafting does suck I mean look it even bit the oh so great and powerful Hendrick guys right in the butt lol
The backstretch grandstands @ Daytona were completely empty. 'Nuff said about the 2-car draft. Keep up the good work Nascar. I wonder which sponsor is going to bail this week?..........
They don't sell tickets for the backstretch for the July race. I think they made that decision a couple years ago. They weren't filling it up so they eliminated it for the July race.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service