Join in here and discuss all the weekend action for the 2010 Pocono #2 cup race.PJ Jones will drive the #7 Speedfactory Toyota on Sunday. Please note, Robby Gordon will return next week at Watkins Glen. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Pennsylvania track.

FRIDAY , JULY 30th

Practice          12:00pm - 1:30pm/et   ( 45th Quickest )
 Qualifying         3:30pm - 5:30 pm/et   ( 42nd Quickest )

Practice Live Leaderboard

SATURDAY , JULY 31st

Practice            9:00am -  9:45 am/et   ( 43rd Quickest )
 Happy Hour      11:20am - 12:20 pm/et  ( 43rd Quickest )

SUNDAY , AUGUST 1st

Raceday           1:00 pm/et , greenflag at 1:18 pm/et  ( TV - ESPN )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available & live track updates via  PLANETROBBY TWITTER

Robby Gordon Pocono #2 Top 5 F.A.Q.

1) Souvenir trailer ?
                                                                                NO
                                                                            2) What Chassis ?
                                                                                Same as Indy/Orange
                                                                            3) Who is the crew chief ?
                                                                                Miles Stanley
                                                                            4) Who is the sponsor ?
                                                                                Speedfactory.tv
                                                                            5) Will Robby run Nationwide at The Glen?
                                                                                No he won't. Montreal is the only NW race.

2009 Pocono #2 Images

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sounds like RGM's cars have a fatal attaction for walls.
PJ really f'd up, to wreck at his speeds shows he is not a Cup driver, he is a nice guy but RGM would be better off for S&P to run 1 slows in practice, qual dead last and run 1 lap and park it. They won't break even this weekend, but hey, next weekend they could cash in!!!!!!
Well that just sucks! Saturday Morning needs to get here ASAP!
Yep , you read it right .
I love PJ as much as most of the mebers of this website (not counting the ones that had their opions changed in the last 1/2 hour). However, with the Truck race being held at Pocono this weekend, couldn't Robby have gotten a Toyota driver like Todd Bodine or Aric Amirola to practice and qualify the car this weekend since they are already?

I know I sound like everyone else that bashed Ted in June, but this has to be a nightmare of Robby and the rest of the team. If any of the team members go to the "Pub in the Pines" in Pocono Pines tonight tell them to ask the 6' 5" guy with a Phillies hat for a drink. I'm buyin'!

We'll miss you Gene!
Robby had PJ in the car for Pocono & New Hampshire & pulled him out for 1) Ted Musgrave, due to Gene's prior working relationship with him and 2) Bobby labonte becoming available. I am sure that this is RGs way of making it up to him for pulling him the 2 previous times PJ thought he was driving the #7. That being said, no justification is needed. RG is a big boy. If it wasnt for the 'race attempts' being such a big factor in case of rainout qualifications,I doubt the #7 would have even made the trip this weekend to pocono.A car could be 36th in points and still miss the show because they had 1 less attempt.

- Most Qualifying Attempts [not starts] with Owners points as the tie breaker
Pocono just sucks, kinda like Martinsville.
After the 5th race of the season, the current season OWNERS points are used:
#1) - First 35 by current Owner Points [position 1-35][top 35 teams do NOT need to attempt ALL the races]
#2) - Last Years Cup Champ or the Event Champion if not already in the field
#3) - Car Owners whose team has won in the previous and current season not already in the field
#4) - Drivers who have won in the previous and current season not already in the field
#5) - ALL Past Cup Champions not in by 1 thru 4 [is NOT charged against the 6 past champ provisionals]
#6) - Most Qualifying Attempts [not starts] with Owners points as the tie breaker
#7) - Qualifying Order Position
(all above apply as long as the team was entered by the entry deadline - usually 7-13 days before the race)

They would be ok, but as soon as they fell out of the top 35, that 1 less race attempt would send them home if qualifying got rained out.
I knew something was wrong just by not having Gene on speedfactory. One week away from WG and you no longer have the only crew chief in the history of rgm who proved he was competent enough to win a race post Greg Erwin. 
delete
Robby to the #77 anyone?!?!?
If there is a 77, why wouldn't we expect Justin Allgaier to be in it?

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service