Join in here and discuss all the practice & race action for the 2010 Bristol Food City 500. Robby Gordon will be running the #7 Warner Music / Blake Shelton Toyota. Here is the weekend schedule for RGM at the Tennessee  track.

FRIDAY , MARCH 19th

Practice    12:00 - 1:30 pm/et   ( 29th Quickest )
 Qualifying    3:30 - 5:00 pm/et   ( Starts 32nd )

SATURDAY , MARCH 20th

Practice  11:00 - 11:45 am/et  ( 33rd Quickest )
 Practice  12:20 - 1:20 pm/et  ( 41st Quickest )

SUNDAY , MARCH 21st

FOOD CITY 500  1:00 pm/et , green flag at 1:16 pm/et ( Finished 22nd )

Dont forget live raceday chat will be available,as well as  PLANETROBBY TWITTER.

Practice Live Leaderboard

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jayski posts a list now of the Chasis numbers from most of the teams, however, RGM is missing from the list in prior weeks. It would be nice to see the team participate. Here is a link to the last race Chasis info. You need to scroll down to the middle of the page:

http://jayski.com/next/2010/4ams2010.htm

Let hope for a top 20 finish!
looking forward to some racing
As far as Bristol goes more often than not fenders get bent in and rubs can effect things and all sorts of great great variables come into play for the fan as it can go in any direction at any moment mid pack on back. So i'd say that Robby gets a good qualifying set up and run to get the starting position needed to not be connected with guys really racing in the back. Everything that can be said beyond that should be said just....beyond that.
How we qualify for this race is first and foremost what the team needs to get done. then get things done.
Getting a good starting spot would be a good thing. But after a very few laps at Bristol, there really is no front or back of the pack. The track is so short that the leaders start lapping cars early, and the whole track is the pack.

Regardless, keeping the car as clean as possible is key, and I'm pretty sure we all agree on that.
exactly, keeping it clean is huge!...but if you are running 20th...the 21st-43rd place cars usually slow the leaders up enough for you to stay on the lead lap for a long time! :)
How can you stop out of trouble at Bristol ? If Robby's car is a handful (its not been good once yet this year) He's just going to get in the way of fast cars and get wrecked. Just hope they can give him a good car and get a good qualifying lap in. He needs a top 10 in reality. Pony Up, bring the A game this weekend..........please! If he can say on his web site that he's just had a career best finish at Bristol he might not be in bad shape !!
there's two grooves now..there really hasnt been trouble at Bristol since they repaved it...lol
If I remember correctly,,, The first run in the COT at this track Robby was running in the top10 until Harvick punted him.

If he can get a good run in? then all will be ok, I really expect a good change to the year at this race.
Thats short track racing for ya !

I will take it back one year, when RG had a solid top 20 run in the SPOT car, had lug issues ( i believe ) and ended up in the low 20's
Staying out of trouble will be harder for everybody since they lopped off a few feet of track with the new wall. A good qualifying run will be key.

So stick it on the pole, lead every lap, collect the big check and motor on outta there! Yeah, ...that's the ticket!
Too cold now for a night race, they schedule that when it is warmer in the year...at least that is the way I have heard it.
Or you can tell them, thats just the way Nascar does it!
Car going thru tech this morning (picture from the BMS Flikr page)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service