Join in here and discuss all the weekend activities at Texas for Robby Gordon. Here is the schedule for the weekend,all times eastern standard. First practice is on Friday at 1:00pm, followed by qualifying at 4:30pm both on SPEED. There will be 2 practices on Saturday at 12:00pm and 1:20 also on SPEED. The race is on Sunday ,April 5th at 1:30 pm. Don't forget live chat every Sunday, beginning at 10:00am-. (Live chat is a popular feature,but for those who don't care for it,please continue to post your thoughts right here on raceday.)

Views: 138

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty impressive today for sure...
Relax alrady people, WTF??? He had a dang good run going and lost it in turns 3 and 4, most likely had the car really loose trying to get a good starting position. Share info with MWR, where is POS starting?? You all need to do some shots of JB, chill out and relize all that matters is the finish line.
Because Robby has had some really good race cars, bad strategy and stupid adjustments is what cost him. You all need to unwad your panties on the qualifying.
Regarding Scott Speed- I go back to with Gerhard Berger said...not enough talant and not enough work ethic. Wasn't good enough to make it in F1 and damn sure not good enough for Nascar. If a prodigy like Montoya will struggle for 2 years in Cup then Speed has no chance. It's hard to believe that Red Bull passed on AJ Allmendinger twice and still haven't learned from it. If AJ had been in the Torro Rosso then I think he would still be in F1.
sure they do.
Hockey is a kick ass sport to watch in person. This could be a good team builder for these guys. There's more incentive to work hard when you've got a great boss!
Anyone else notice that on Nascar live after Q they showed Scott Riggs and standing next to him was "Race team killer" Walter Giles. They ran the 2nd slowest time of any car out there today.
My thoughts on practice today:
1, new chassis/car so they will be working and trying different things to see how it effects the new car
2, They only did Q runs yesterday, so that most likely means that practice today will be on the same tires that they ran yesterday instead of new ones.

Overall I hope that they can find the set up they like during the first practice and then during happy hour they can run some longer runs. I don't expect to see top of the board times if they are in fact running on older tires. I'll be looking for consistant speed times compared to being on top of the speed charts. When looking at the speed charts compare the last lap run times to someone else that has as many laps run as Robby to see about how good he is.
Good points..Slugger Labbe on TMD referenced that aspect of being a GOGH team is that you doo all Q runs during first practice...so you "use" all your alooted sticker tires (5 sets I believe) for the weekend practices...so on Saturday you are practicing on used/scuffs. So chances are RObbys top speed wont be in the top 10, but the avg time and if hes happy with the handle are whats important today.
Fuel mileage has come into play at this track before. I hope to see some long runs in practice so they can get a good indication of thier mileage.
and I still stand by my statement the other day in the Martinsville Entry List Thread...

I stand by by statement..Scott Speed sucks..lol
I think Scott Speed's "I don't give a fuck" attitiude has carried over into his racing. He needs to develop a " I give a fuck " attitude. He took this sport for granted.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service