Join in here and discuss all the weekend activities at Darlington for Robby Gordon. Here is the schedule for the weekend,all times eastern standard. First practice is on Friday,May 8th at 11:30am, followed by happy hour at 1:30pm both on SPEED. Qualifying is Friday at 5:10pm, also on SPEED. The race is on Saturday ,May 9th at 7:00 pm. Don't forget live chat on Saturday, beginning at 3:00pm. (Live chat is a popular feature,but for those who don't care for it,please continue to post your thoughts right here on raceday.)

Views: 128

Replies to This Discussion

Lucky you JB7, Scott is driving the Nemechek car tonight!
OOOF Matt Kenseth, Former Cup champion, Current Cup Driver, Nationwide Winner with an Arca Series wife! OOF!
I think broadcasters like John Roberts should be tested next, he picked Logano to win tonight
Where's the race chat?
just wondering what was wrong with robby during the race and why was he running so poorly even though he did bring home a 28th place finish? i was exhausted last night and it didn't take long for me to be disappointed with robby's run when he was a few laps down in the beginning and i just didn't have the effort to stay up and keep up with the race. i think i made it about half way thru and robby was only 4-5 laps down in 35th behind raines! woke up today and even though he finished 14 laps down i think, he still finished 28th which was good for the points.

either way, if somebody could help me understand if robby had a problem with the car or hitting wall just ruined it from the start would be great to know!
I was at the race and apparently Rob hit the wall - according to one of his crew members.
Also, each time Rob came by me on pit road, his engine sounded horrible. I am merely guessing but I am assuming once he got down a bunch of laps, the goal was simply to finish the race and allow attrition to help improve his position.

The paint scheme looked good. I love the green and black.

The FOX camera was on Rob during the national anthem - Did he make the air?

Jerk Report

Reed Sorenson - jerk
Tony Stewart jerk
Kyle Busch - no answer needed
Dale Earnhardt Junior - overrated jerk who is getting testy with the media because we all knew he was overrated - at least those of us who didn't drink the Kool - Aid

Michael - did you check out the cheesy smile at the end of his interview after his car exploded.

Marcos Ambrose - good guy
Mark Martin - good guy for the most part
Robby - when he was introduced, some of Cale Yarborough's grand kids were on the stage - Rob is one of the few drivers who actually said more than two words to them.
Yep, made the air
Robby and AJ made contact at lap 9 , Robby hit the wall a ton and knocked the toe out and a splitter brace off. The crew had issues adjusting the toe, and the hood pins seem to give them problems,and that is where they lost the early 2 laps. Just more problems trying to get the car right after that, then finally Kirk kept RG in the pits until the car was fixed, because it didn't matter if he was 14 laps down or 5 laps down, he still had the same spot. Learn from the mistakes, practice them during the week, and then put Darlington behind them and focus on Charlotte.Thats all they can do.
Thanks..had a baseball game Saturday night (went 1-2 with a walk...dropping my BA to .714 on the season..dammit). Was folowing on the "News" site and saw it was a bad one from the get go, but never saw what had happened.

Was watching theDVR to see and Robby went from lead lap to -2 and I was like..well where was the TV coverage on that? lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service