Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 7: Iquigue > Antofagasta

Connection 37 km | Special Stage 600 km | Connection 4 km | Total 641 km

Course Overview

The longest special of the rally is also the most varied. When leaving Iquique, one always has regrets but the splendour of the landscapes will motivate the competitors just as much as the fun they will witness in the sand dunes they will have to swallow in the first part of the day. The ideal technique will be a lot harder to find when having to cross a salar, of around 3 kilometres. On this extent filled with huge blocks of dry salt, certainly never seen by most of the competitors, the speed will drop down to under 10 km/h! Once that's digested, the tracks heading to Antofagasta are, in majority, fast and open. The menu will be generous in terms of sand and kilometres. The rule book will allow the bikers and crews to reach the bivouac before 6:00 PM on the following day, during the rest day.

Views: 205

Replies to This Discussion

Sucks not having the support truck out there running (officially on the withdrawal list now)
What options do they have, take alternator off BJ's and put it on Robby's... how would BJ make it back then w/ no other help?
they dont carry a spare do they??
I don't know? Would they carry parts knowing no support truck?
Ramses said fighting it all day, I would assume battery dead too? I wouldn't think a simple jump is going to help.
I don't think they can have outside help (or parts) other than by competitors.
a jump will not help.......without an alternator the vechile will not run. it will continue to drain the battery.
anyone know where bj is??
bj just cross km 448 behind by 2hour
looks like bj was about 1hour and 30min behind robby
For those who are about to give up RG, not yet. BJ is almost there. we might loose BJ on this stage.
No, it has to be aid from a vehicle that is in competition.
Today one of the bikes (Como?) is being questioned because it was said he replaced a wheel outside the Bivouac from an outside source.

Really happy to come back to computer and find out that BJ was the parts truck for the day (with spare alternator), that they both made it in running. Still in it, go out and make some noise Robby and BJ!
One for TOG, Spotted Cow & the Guru's
Could RG park at CP5, which seems to be a Highway crossing, for a support truck sent there to deliver a part?
Or, could BJ either backtrack to, or park at a road crossing (CP4) & wait for a part?
they are both between Km448 & Km509. Towing doesn't seem an option & no where close to intersecting with support. Looks like #351 may have to take one for the team
RG past 509 2-1/2 hrs out.
Finally rolling again.
Will BJ get towed?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service