Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 7: Iquigue > Antofagasta

Connection 37 km | Special Stage 600 km | Connection 4 km | Total 641 km

Course Overview

The longest special of the rally is also the most varied. When leaving Iquique, one always has regrets but the splendour of the landscapes will motivate the competitors just as much as the fun they will witness in the sand dunes they will have to swallow in the first part of the day. The ideal technique will be a lot harder to find when having to cross a salar, of around 3 kilometres. On this extent filled with huge blocks of dry salt, certainly never seen by most of the competitors, the speed will drop down to under 10 km/h! Once that's digested, the tracks heading to Antofagasta are, in majority, fast and open. The menu will be generous in terms of sand and kilometres. The rule book will allow the bikers and crews to reach the bivouac before 6:00 PM on the following day, during the rest day.

Views: 205

Replies to This Discussion

wow. The second half of this stage looks brutal
Double wow! I think the first half looks bad too. lol
the info on the official page looks different but similar...http://www.dakar.com/us/DAKAR/2010/stage-7/route.html

it will be the longest stage of this dakar, i am looking for surprises (a couple of WV out)!!

looks absolutely ridiculous.

this stage will separate the contenders from the pretenders.
If stage 3 caused carnage, I hate to think what this little piece of joy is going to do. Would not be surprised to see 1/3 of the field appearing in the Withdrawl column after tomorrow...
Alot of this stage looks ideal for the hummer. I wouldn't be surprised if the ASO shortens the stage after team Red Bull complains.
"The ideal technique will be a lot harder to find when having to cross a salar, of around 3 kilometres. On this extent filled with huge blocks of dry salt, certainly never seen by most of the competitors, the speed will drop down to under 10 km/h! " This is from some of the description of stage 7.

I wonder how the Hummer will handle this terrain compared to the other cars?
Ya that just sounds like a fun little piece of terrain to cover.

Maybe the Hummer will be able to crawl through that easier than some others can....
I think they seen this last year... some of the most beautiful shots of the rally I think where in Chile.

maybe crush some bugs.......
we hope, but those damn cars are so nimble
That should be an advantage for RG as it will mean less dust.. that is, of course, until RG gets close enough to pass Dos Santos!!
And no repeat of Stage 6 of the CER

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service