Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 6: Antofagasta > Iquique

Connection 180 km | Special Stage 418 km | Connection 0 km | Total 598 km

Course Overview

The efforts are equally spread out on the day's special. On the off-piste portion of the first third, the dust will push the competitors to be cautious. The larger and faster tracks that will be at the heart of the program will force those who are fighting for positions to maintain a fast pace. They will however need to keep a good amount of energy: indeed an African type erg awaits at the heart of a sandy portion of around fifty kilometres. But for the final part, the reward will be at the height of the difficulties. After having climbed a last dune, the competitors will take on a slide type sand downhill of close to three kilometres with Iquique and the waves of the ocean on the horizon. An unforgettable scene.

Views: 241

Replies to This Discussion

very unique surface for stage 6
Ya even fesh fesh. ???
I think the Hummers will do good here with there bigger tires and more suspension ttavel Exept for the windy part but most of it looks fast so we shall see. Best of luck to Robby and BJ.
tear it up team.......Gotta keep a good pace with these dudes, they're fast with their little matchbox cars
BJ called into TORR totally off road radio this evening - 2nd half of the first hour. He seemed really jazzed. Talked about the roll over, how he is still getting used to the hummer, how his navigator has been kicking ass. Talked up Robby big time. Said he is not pushing it and in the beginning he pushed too much.Talked about a half an hour. www.torrshow.com
Will Higman was a host - think he posts here, maybe he can add (cuz KCEO is pretty weak signal in my neck of the woods)
From Chad Ragland

I think BJ Baldwin just asked me to drive his TT Saturday at the SCORE Laughlin race. Im excited needless to say. Thanks Baldwin Motorsports
* like the bit that says fast track, but undulating. Sounds like hummer country.
Hopefully we can shave off more time tomorrow!

Gas on!
Another longer stage, another chance for RG to contend for a stage win and to make up some time!! On a side note, and not to push my personal agenda, but the ethanol powered #333 MITSUBISHI of Brazil must have dropped out (withdrawn) after the 3rd stage. Too bad, I'd like to have seen them finish. Can you believe that of the 134 cars that started stage 1 only 82 cars will be starting stage 6!! We're not even half way...
Attrition has been pretty rough this year. That doesn't even include the cars that have had major issues but are still on course.
Robby needs to pass the VW's on track today
-saint-

if possible, can we limit the screenshots, as many team members and folks at the rally follow this thread on their mobile phones, and the screenshots within the threads make loading difficult for scrolling. I dont care after the stage,but during the stage, can we limit them to text ? Thanks, you are doing a great job this week.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service