Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 5 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 5: Copiapo > Antofagasta

Connection 90 km | Special Stage 483 km | Connection 97 km | Total 670 km

Course Overview

The area has a reputation for its density in gold and copper mines. And that will be the theme of the hard day the competitors will witness on the road to Antofagasta, as demanding physically as it will be mentally. The open but rocky tracks of the first part of the day won't leave the slightest respite in terms of staying focused. And the off-road portions that follow will request solidity at all points of view: it is indeed here that the competitors will have to battle it out in the fesh-fesh, known on this continent as 'guadal'. At the end of this stage where changes in pace will be numerous; the notion of endurance will start to have its real significance. The less cautious will have already committed mistakes.

Views: 228

Replies to This Discussion

Attention folks on the west coast. Get your beauty sleep ! Going to be a really early start.
I work night shift 10 - 6 ill already be up and online when i get home
fantastic job to all at RGM, GAS On Robby and keeper straight Andy.
Long stage best of luck
No no no, TOG move it to 10AM east this wil not due. Jeez guess I better get to bed! May miss the 1st couple KMs...yeah right. 483KM!! I am not sure my heart can take this, and the elevation map looks like my 401k!
Great job RG & Team Hummer!!! Keep it up!!!
Looks like it's gonna be a mofo of a stage, good luck!!
Stage will be interesting looks fast and hilly best of luck for team hummer
every year I have to make this immature comment....

Looks like they are racing to the ass tommorow......giiidddeeeeyuuupppp
go robby no brasil todos querem que vc vença o dakar com o HUMMER USA TEAM
http://tracking.dakar.com/ASO/index_us.html

reports there will be 83 cars & 46 Trucks starting Stage 5.

cars
RG starts 1st @ 9:15 (local time)
BJ. starts 8th @ 9:29 (local time)
MIller starts 6th @ 9:25 (local time)

trucks
528 starts 38th @ 10:27 (local time)
Starting first can go both ways pros no dust cons well i hope he doesnt go off the course

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service