Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 4 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 4: Fiambala > Copiapo

Connection 394km | Special Stage 203km | Connection 32km | Total 629km

Race Results

Robby Gordon - 1st Place
BJ Baldwin - 8th Place
Carlo de Gavardo - DNS ( DQ )

Views: 235

Replies to This Discussion

Dude, they are 55 hours behind, looks like they got some hefty penalties at Stage 3,...but they're still in so who cares!
They recieved a 50 hour penalty for deviating. T4 trucks can deviate and miss waypoints if in support of a race team, but the must follow specific instructions in the rule book. In doing so they immediately get a 50hr penalty added to their time Thats why they are now at 67H:38:M:03 sec behind. They would still be on stage two if that was actual race time.
Thank you! It's appreciated by those that still like to learn more about the rally and how it's run.

Blues, you know, it's comments like that that make one not want to promote this site to others.
As far as I've been told here, the penalty area is a combination/total of all stages up to that point and NONE are showing.... therefore my question.

Mike Mulhern did a nice write-up today... has a bit more info that we knew following along today.

-- Robby Gordon is doing just fine in the South American Dakar Rally, winning Stage Four of the two week event through Argentina and Chile. Gordon, running a Hummer H3 – apparently with GM sponsorship, though that company is in the process of selling its Hummer division to the Chinese – is eighth overall (one hour, four minutes behind, heading into Stage Five).
Gordon was four minutes behind at the first checkpoint, seven minutes behind at the second, but he rallied to make up six minutes in the final ), before something good clicked, and then he made up 6 minutes in the final 30 miles. The leg was from Argentina's Fiambala to Copiapo, and the Atacama Desert (not only one of the driest spots on earth but also one of the coldest deserts).
Comments like what? I thought they were 55 hours behind, they're actually 67! And they did get some hefty penalties at Stage 3 - but they are still in, so who cares? The point is they are still in and able assist when needed. I'm in California, 'Dude' is not derrogatory. Far far from it. Maybe try replacing 'dude' with 'bro' or something you are used to, and read it again.
THanks for the clarification Gas!
As long as they can still run the course, in case one of the hummers needs major repairs.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service