Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 1 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon will drive the #303 Speed Energy Hummer & Nasser Al Attiyah will drive the #300 Qatar Hummer. Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 1 TRACKING

STAGE 1: Mar Del Plata > De La Pampa

Connection 763km | Special Stage 57km | Total 823km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The seaside resort of Mar del Plata brings to mind lazing around, especially after the competitors have mingled with the crowd during the public presentation ceremony on 31st December. For the short warm-up special stage, they will nevertheless be allowed to pass by the seafront, where the small dunes to be crossed will represent the first hurdle. In this simple exercise, the fastest time will establish a first winner and determine each competitor's position in the rankings. After this challenge, there will be a long liaison section to be covered to Santa Rosa de la Pampa.

Views: 6542

Replies to This Discussion

As a general reminder, Argentina is two hours ahead of EST - 5 for the left coasters

thanks upstate ny for me

SBS has daily video highlight schedule posted. What time zone do they operate in? Most are at 5:30 pm but what time is that for us on the right and left coasts? Tnx in advance.

5 hours...got it

with such a short special, I think we will get some incredible footage.

Will they be using the same tracking format as last year ( which sucked ) 2 years ago was much better ?

I know the tracking at dakar.com had some challenges last year, but I like to keep an open, positive, mind heading into the 2012 rally. I think tracking will be fine.

Bueno !!

pretty sure scrutineering is today. Parade tomorrow. Stage 1 on Jan 1st....2-4 hours of sleep per night begins very soon...

Just 11km of sand or soil/sand on the 57km of stage. It's not good for RG.

16 km, not 11 of sand. And it looks like there are some steep dunes thrown in too. The Hummers can hold their own on the dirt. Where the 4X4 race cars have an edge is in the wet and muddy sections. There is ZERO percent chance of rain that day in Bahia Blanca, but the forcast calls for it to be 101 Sunday

Going to be an interesting stage

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service