Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 12 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 12: San Juan > San Rafael

Connection 23 km | Special Stage 476 km | Connection 297 km | Total 796 km

Course Overview

For the longest stage of the rally, the program will be as lively as it will be spectacular. We will leave the area of dinosaurs on tracks cut by rios, surrounded by canyons and "fairy chimneys". After around 200 kilometres of special, the competitors will momentarily use the road in order to avoid a classified and protected natural site. The second part, exclusively sandy will have many jumps. The bikers can expect to have sore arms and the best of them will rarely ride at over 100 km/h. The day will be even more tiring due to the fact that it will end with a long liaison.

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone know if there are penalties for bumping or penalties for not moving over to let a faster car pass? I hope to read more about what Robby had to do move Sainz from Ramses post over at Toyo…
Since Saintz won and RG lost time towards the end, maybe it was the other way around - Saintz moved RG. It will be interesting to hear the story.
I think BJ will start where he finished the stage as I believe the penalties will be assessed towards the overall standings.
After 49 HOURS of racing, Spinelli and Nova are separated by 10 seconds. Talk about equally prepared rice wagons!
The video of the day is up on the www.dakar.com site. No mention of RG and Sainz tangling, but it was mentioned that Sainz overtook RG, thus RG certainly was in the lead at some point.
Robby started 7th and Sainz 9th.. if Sainz finished 10 minutes ahead of RG on the stage Sainz would have had to pass RG at some point
yup
SBS video is up with alittle Robby interview at the end
whoa, hold on Andy, bet that was an e ticket ride! Carlos Sainz ugh!
ok so next year we will do something different with the inflation system to many times it has taken us out of the hunt - time for the drawing board to come out - lol - overall great day - i think robby has more fans than anyone else - lol - they love the monster !! - we need some more ppl to break so we can get a top 5 overall - go robby go !!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service