Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 10 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 10: La Serena > Santiago

Connection 112 km | Special Stage 238 km | Connection 236 km | Total 586 km

Course Overview

The end of the journey through the Atacama will remind all that Chile is mainly spread out on hilly territories. The vegetation is dense and varied and the competitors will be able to notice that on the road to Santiago. On the many hills, they will also have to get used to more and more sinuous tracks where trajectory mistakes can cost many minutes, or even hours. There is much more to loose than to win on the day's stage.

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

Robby Gordon's current 2010 Dakar scorecard :

9 starts, 1 win , 2 top 5's, 4 top 10's

Avg finish - 10.77 so far.
Looks pretty damn good to me with all things considered.
Add to this the fact that he has "made it". He IS one of the names of Dakar, keeping company with the likes of Peterhansel, Sainz etc. I say this based on the fact that he is included in the Dakar rundown every day. Even as recently as the first part of last years do you think anyone (in the international media) would have talked about RG if he finished a stage 17th or 24th? Prior to that he was news when he did really well on a stage. now it is news when he has trouble on a stage.
I agree that RG has made it and that is really cool...... but.... an average finish of 10.77, not so much. Most series, whether you start 43 teams (NASCAR), 25 (IRL), 24 WoO), or 300 some (DAKAR), have about 10 teams capable of winning, the rest are aspiring to that level. Soooooo, 10.77 not so good. That said, GAS ON Robby, looking for a good run today and maybe another stage win or 2, definitely the last 2 days as VW dials back with team orders.
RG lost about 5 minutes in WRC style stages at begining of the Rally, I think tomorrow might be a good day. He can throw away the tire inflation system as he wont need it and focus on sliding the hummer on the ight twisty stuff. Hummer looks more dialed on hard pack dirt than sand.
Ever wake up and feel like you are the only person on the Planet??? WTF where is everyone Robby is racing people.........
....hitting the snooze alarm...........
Life on Planet Robby
Today is going to be a great day.....
Crossed the line at nine and we are doin fine..............So body give me a Hell Yeah.......
off to a good start
bj 15th +3m'40

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service