Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 8: Antofagasta > Copiapo

Connection 96 km | Special Stage 472 km | Connection 0 km | Total 568 km

Course Overview

The hundred kilometres or so of liaison will allow the competitors to leave an often foggy area, in order to launch the special in optimal visibility conditions. If the rest day has had its effect, the debates will resume on this penultimate stage in the Atacama. On rocky terrain during the first part, minutes will easily be lost in case of a mistake for a title contender. With the kilometres covered, the cruising pace should progressively increase until hitting more and more frequent dune zones as we close in on Copiapo. Those who want to enjoy the final panorama won't be able to slow down and take it easy: the stage will be long and the days are short.

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

Some good dunes at the end of this stage.
Good stage for Team Hummer to rebound from tough stages 6 & 7...
Wow, can't wait to crunch the fuel load numbers on this stage.
An overall victory for the race is pretty slim,, but I would love to see a 1 , 2 Hummer finish on a stage. I think thats possible.
What these guys are doing is just so amazing to me, finishing at all is HUGE, in the top 10 at the moment is probably not what the team would be happy with, but it's still damn incredible. I watch the videos, and I keep saying 'holy shit, are they really doing that?". Awesome stuff. Good luck guys!! You ROCK!!
RG probably won't be happy with anything but a win, but you should check out the route on Google Earth. Puts a whole new perspective on what they are putting up with.
what time do we start in the morning?
FYI - every day, center top main page, is the starting time. Sunday is at 8:14 am / eastern time

sorry TOG....I knew it was on here somewhere.....I kept clicking around looking for it, but just missed it. Thanks. See you around 5am PST!
Robby Gordon should be approaching KM 48 soon.
KM 48
RG +1:22
BJ. +8:57

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service