OK, so I haven't been around PR in a while. So I apologize if this has been asked and answered. Are we going to see Robby in the 2018 Dakar? I figured that if we are the Gordini and chase trucks would be getting on their way. Fingers crossed. Without Robby, I'm pretty much out.

Views: 1643

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think it's gonna happen. Someone on the Robby Gordon Fans page did post a video today of Robby in Glamis in the Gordini. I don't know if it was old however.

@Quailcrazy , lets make it one thread instead of two for starters. There is still time, just not a lot. I never count it out because I've seen the program come together pretty quick.
Just saw that the Gordini is for sale on race dezert

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/ad-details.php?&top=Automot...

Sent from my iPhone

...man i would buy this monster imm. if i had the money and race the sh.t out of it- scare those mini and vw crap !! ;-))

...if he dont find a buyer? who knows- but i know just to start there is awful lot of $$$ :- ()

So has robby sold his car?
so is robby selling his trophy truck?
what is Robby’s plan--we all wish that Robby would answer these questions
we all desire to see him move forward and get back FULL time into the off-road world and honestly go to Dakar and kick butt--
Being a lifetime off-road racer I’m positive that Robby is not being backed to go over to Dakar and do a $250,000.00 race without being covered 100% and earning a living while doing so and paying for the $100,000.00 worth of prep work, $100,000.00 worth of spares and $100,000.00 of labor to make it happen -- I’m willing to beat to be a winner in that race it exceeds $500,000.00 and a 1/2 million is not easy to come by unless you own Amazon
ROBBY WHAT IS THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH ?

RGM PRO 2 race truck also for sale on RDC. Looks to be selling off a lot of equipment. Maybe trying to raise some revenue to put into his trophy truck. Or perhaps scaling way back. Just having the NC shop alone must cost a lot of $.

ROBBY TELL US WHAT IS THE TRUTH ETC..?
So has robby sold his car?
so is robby selling his trophy truck?
what is Robby’s plan--we all wish that Robby would answer these questions
we all desire to see him move forward and get back FULL time into the off-road world and honestly go to Dakar and kick butt--
Being a lifetime off-road racer I’m positive that Robby is not being backed to go over to Dakar and do a $250,000.00 race without being covered 100% and earning a living while doing so and paying for the $100,000.00 worth of prep work, $100,000.00 worth of spares and $100,000.00 of labor to make it happen -- I’m willing to beat to be a winner in that race it exceeds $500,000.00 and a 1/2 million is not easy to come by unless you own Amazon
ROBBY WHAT IS THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH ?

@Marc, you do realize Robby rarely visited this site. Even if you ask the same question 100 times, he won't answer.

the Pro 2 has been ‘for sale’ for years, half heartedly. It’s been taking up space in the shop. 2019 DAKAR engines pretty much dictate an all new rig.

So Mike, do you know something about 2019 Dakar? Are we out for 18? Dakar just doesn't seem like Dakar with out Robby.

All I know about 2019 DAKAR, is the FIA/ASO DAKAR engine rule. 3.5 max. Displacement Gasoline Turbo engine. Manufacturers have to homogate. And the rules pisses PUG off.
2018, no idea except it’s not looking like RG will race the Gordini’s again. There still time for RG to be a hired driver. That could be as late as Christmas. Just say’n

MISSING ROBBY in this series / race

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service