As of 12-4-12, there has been NO ANNOUNCEMENT from RGM about it's plans for the upcoming 2013 Dakar Rally. The entry list at Dakar.com is NOT the final entry list. With the rally starting in Peru ( instead of Argentina ), it's almost 3,000 miles closer than past rallies for shipping the vehicles. I believe we should hear something official very soon. Keep in mind some of Robby's 2012 Dakar plans didn't take shape until late November / early December 2011.

Views: 14172

Replies to This Discussion

You guys make me feel like a total part timer with all this. But I got a question.... The Alternator has been an on going problem with the old trucks. Always needing to replace, Is it because of dust or heat? Do you know if Robby has addressed this and if not I've seen some pretty cool ducting on a Lotus ALMS car last year. If there is a way to blow fresh air in the unit it might extend the life.

Attachments:

@Brad, the new engine placement should solve most all of the previous issue/s.Thank goodness,I've bitch'd ,supplied solutions,nothing.

I hope to hear soon that Robby will be running, but I have this bad feeling that he might not be.

It's getting pretty late, and if his *is* planing to run, it's hard for me to understand why he'd be keeping it a secret.

Plenty of other things to keep him busy, I suspect...

gotta have all his ducks in a row, so no need to announce anything until then.. And I am sure he has a 'cut off point' for a no-go.I'm under the impression that time has not come yet. And they haven't said 'no' and the subtle hints thrown the last month say he is going. Good 'nuff for me.

well if and i say IF RG dosnt run dakar i will get more sleep and work done (i know i said a four letter word ) done in shop for next race season

BUT WHAT THE HELL I CAN SLEEP WHEN I DIE AND FOR THE RACECARS THERE IS ALLWAYS THE MIDNITE OIL

@TIm, I'm with you.During DAKAR not much else gets done.

If Robby does go all I wanna see is for him to beat Osama Bin Nassar lmao

Here is a thought for my fellow chassis and tire guru's out there like me. Has anybody noticed TOYO has made a beautiful and much needed upgrade to the TOYO A/T? While this may seem trivial to most, to me it has major implications in forward grip and much needed side bite for the smoother, tighter, and gravel type of WRC roads. More rubber on the road, more grip on the roads, period! I've raced with BFG' at's and the original mt's way back in the late 80's and early 90's. I preferred the a/t's for the high SPEED gravel,light sand, fast corner type of terrain. I could feel the back of the truck slide thru the corner more consistently with the at's in th rear than the mt's. I always knew what the tire was going to do. The mt would begin to slide in on corner entry as expected until the terrain would slide thru the outer lugs,then become jammed up at the inner lugs or tread blocks. This caused the truck to slide then bite, slide then bite,then repeat ect.ect.ect. So, I have always felt with regards to the Humbuggies that we would have a much better time thru these types of sections. The only caviat would be, I doubt TOYO has a race compound up and ready for competition at this time. I would bet one is in the pipeline to come soon!

I'm hoping Robby runs just for the possibility of seeing him knock Stephane "the weasel" Peterhansel off a bridge and into a river.

Nothing would please me more than seeing the weasel get a large dose of karma, preferably involving mass quantities of parts failure/breakage/damage.

C'mon, Robby, let's see if he can take it like he dishes it out!

ROBBY tiene que correr el Dakar si o SI , los que lo seguimos a muerte a Robby ncesitamos que corra el DAKAR , que pasa que todabia no esta Inscripto? respondan en Español por favor con el traductor a veces no se interpretan los significados !!! ROBBY vos SOS el AMO del caminoooo !!! y el Dakar sos VOSSS !!!! si no corress no hay DAKARR !!! ABRAZOO DESDE ARGENTINAA !!!!!

ROBBY vos sos el DAKARRR !!!! queremos INFOOOO !!!! porque no estas anotadoo???? SALUDOS Desde ARGENTINAA !!!

Attachments:
Rocca, mi espanol es muy malo. solomente gringo surferro proximo to mexico. Robby possible correr Dakar. No querro info ahora, possible 5 dias mas o manos.
Permite que sea asi!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service