I talked to George Antill this weekend, and He told me we will have live streaming for the bike start. He is also set up with sat phone connections on multiple pits, so it sounds like we may have the best coverage yet on the bike side of things. Along with my club's usual pit duties for JCR Honda, we also have a couple of entries. Keep an eye on the 7x of Norm Rainey, Ronnie Smith, and Jason Slaydon on a KX 500 (really a 500 2-stroke in class 22 !). They are going to be fun to watch, and any smoker will get a lot of good response from the crowd (also just really good friends of mine, we have all saved each others bacon quite a few times over the years). We may have a second late entry on a CRF 250 but one of our really fast kids just busted an ankle Saturday, so it may be still up in the air.
Post up your picks! I'm going with KTM in this one, I think Kurt and Ivan (2x) have the sheer speed to take this one.

Views: 501

Replies to This Discussion

If you don't giggle at this, you don't like 2smokes!

Ahh, 500 KX. Those were the days...

Bad news on the 7x. Norm had a get off pre running today and broke a rib. Sounds like they will be withdrawing from the race.

Damn.

@Will, for a beer, I'll take the Honda boy's -1x.you in?
supposedly Score will have web-cast Thurs thru Sat.

Oh yes, I'll take that bet MK. I like to base my 250 picks on all out speed as the logistics are easer in this one as opposed to the longer races in Baja. I find it interesting that JCR is listing Timmy as rider of record this year, I will need to find out why and report back. Besides Robby Bell being a serious threat in the sheer speed department, Kendall Norman is teamed up with Ryan Abbotoye on the privateer Honda. Kendall has beat Kurt in the first two rounds of the National Hare and Hound this year (though Kurt broke a rotor in round 1), and looks really good after a year off to do whatever the hell he did. Overall we have an even more stacked field than last year, so this is really going to be fun to watch!

Looks like you won the bet Will, Is there such a thing as a bad bet when beer is involved? Are you holding for me to pay the bar bill or am I sending you beer?

I was only winner on the fastest bike so far Mike. here's the latest from Breauxman;
The top bikes have finished
2x KTM
4x KAWI
1x HONDA
Kendall Norman crashed with only 20 left and dislocated his finger. Abbotoye had to Finnish race(Honda might have 2nd on adjusted timeaccording to my sources)

THR may be filing a protest vs KTM's 2x for course deviation

And my bar tab is out of the question, Michelle needs to go to college!
I am interested in your favourites from the local microbrew though.../

It ain't over yet-
vurboffroad ‏@vurboffroad
On adjusted time (unofficially) @KTMUSA wins San Felipe 250! @JCRHonda and @RobbyBell32 go 2-3
We need to wait and see how a protest may playout.

Word just came in from my contact at JCR that the official win has been given to the 1x!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service