San Felipe, Mexico March 13, 2009: While the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series enjoys a weekend off, Robby Gordon is preparing to return to his desert racing roots by participating in the 23rd annual Tecate SCORE San Felipe 250. After winning the season-opening Laughlin Desert Challenge, Gordon and his No. 77 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires team have decided to compete for the 2009 SCORE championship.

Gordon has only participated in this race twice in the last thirteen years. He won the race in 1996, but failed to finish in his most recent attempt in 2004. He will be racing the same trophy truck that he drove to victory earlier this year, so look for a great performance from the No. 77 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires trophy truck.

With over 225 entries from 20 U.S. states and 10 different countries, Round 2 of the 2009 SCORE Desert Series will commence on Saturday, March 14th at 10 a.m. PST. It will be a 232.4-mile race course, which will run through the picturesque fishing village of San Felipe that is located on the East side of the Baja California peninsula along the Sea of Cortez. The winner of tomorrow’s race is expected to finish in less than four hours, and the No. 77 team hopes to cross the finish line first.

“Rather than enjoying a weekend off, we are headed to San Felipe to race our No. 77 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires trophy truck in the SCORE International Off-Road Series race. When I run a SCORE race, I usually have to commute and pull double-duty. This week is a real treat for me as I can focus on just the desert, which is exciting for me,” commented Gordon, who has two career class wins in his limited San Felipe attempts.

“I haven’t raced San Felipe in years, but we did test after Daytona and have pre-ran all this week. We feel that we have put together a competitive package for this weekend’s race. I am also really excited about the new tire package that Toyo Tires has put together for us. If all goes according to plan, we should be able to pull off another good finish and continue to lead the SCORE championship points standing,” furthered Gordon, driver of the No. 77 Monster Energy / Toyo Tires trophy truck.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

I am new to this page but a Big Robby fan. will the race be on TV this weekend?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service