Well, here we go again. I'd love to hear some thoughts and opinions about the race, not just Robby, but anything having to do with the race and his competitors. I'll kick it off by saying there is a strong field with his most difficult competitors starting ahead of him. It will be tough, but I think he will do well. A solid finish will do him well in the championship but a win would just straight up kick ass.

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully this swine flu isnt gonna affect the race
I was wondering the same thing today. I hope they don't decide to cancel the race or something because of it.
There where only 2 cases of the flu in baja.
Last years winner B.J. Baldwin will be starting 3rd this year.. he's had bad luck this year but will be a contender for the 500. Mark Post got 2nd place last year and will be starting second this year. Brian Collins, who won the San Felipe 250 this year and came in third in the 500 last year, will be starting 4th. Those three trucks will be starting in front of Robby who will be starting 6th. If Rob can keep pace with them and catch them towards the end then he will be able to finish towards the top. He's currently 1st in the overall standings with 125 points, 21 points ahead of 2nd place Mark Post who has 104 points. Remember, irregardless of finishing place, Robby would get 30 points for starting the race and 40 points for finishing. It's really important for keeping the overall points lead to finish this race.. I was in Vegas at the beginning of April and I ran into a Riveria crew member at TI (can't remember his name, think it was Adam or Oran??) and they're still pissed about Robby's supposed "cheating" in the SF 250. I probably didn't help matters by telling him that Mark Post didn't have the balls to jump a ten foot cliff at the enterance to Matomi...
don't forget Adam Householder he's 3rd in the Score Championship
He is only there because he finishes.
so???? thats why he is a great contender is his first time racing the Score championship
All I'm saying is that he is really no threat to win.
who knows anything can happen
That is a pretty naive statement....he has finished every race this year. I would agree that the flat out speed may not be there yet, he can diffinitely drive. The 500 winner will be the one with the least mistakes/problems.
It wasn't exactly "bad luck" for BJ or Bobby for that matter and it looks like they fixed the problem, so BJ going to be a very strong threat.
this is the best race BJ was awesome baja 500 from last year

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service