Dear friends, partners, and sponsors,

I dictate this newsletter via phone from my car, because I’m spending most my days on the road right now. And if I’m not in the car I’m sitting in meetings. And you know what? I love it! Because we are preparing a motorsports event like Europe may have never seen before. On the fourth weekend in July the first Baja 300 Powerdays Germany will feature on a specially prepared gravel circuit in a giant natural theatre. The venue is located in Germany’s Lausitz region, just 90 minutes by car south of Berlin. And we will have everything there for those who love rallying, motocross and offroad action.
Sal Fish, CEO of SCORE International and Armin Schwarz

Sal Fish, the CEO of the SCORE International Offroad Series, and six of his top drivers are keen to show the fans here in Good ol’ Germany what it means for the eye, ear and soul of a motorsport fan, when the 850 hp Trophy Trucks fire up their engine or the Class 1 Unlimited Buggys activate their humble 640+ hp power units.

But that’s not all. Top pilots from the World Rally Championship join the action and will do every (spectacular) thing to defend the honour of the more classical gravel artists against their American competition.

And to add even more spice, the motorbikes kick in: Some of the best motocross and freestyle artists bring their two-wheel power packs to Germany, supported by their factory teams.

They all go to the limit on a specially laid out gravel circuit. There is permanent on-track action with Buggys, World Rally Cars, Trophy Trucks, and motorbikes. They go sideways as if there’s no tomorrow – pure action right close to the fans.

And this is exactly what counts for me: Motorbike, rally and offroad fans all come together, and together we experience the sport we all love. Another thing is important: There are no fences on our venue, apart from a few that keep people away from dangerous stretches of the circuit. The stars are there – and accessible - for the fans, always ready for an autograph or a good chat.

We’ll start off into the weekend on Friday 24 July, in the afternoon. Saturday is the day of mega-action on the track. And Saturday evening we should have another party, just to celebrate great motorsports and great motorsports people …

If you are curious please visit www.baja300-powerdays.com

I’m really excited about this European first, and I am looking forward to celebrating with you all.

Best wishes,

Armin

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Das ist wunderbar. Ich wünsche, dass ich gehen könnte!! I lived in a small town about 2 hours north of Frankfurt for years and I am very surprised that the government would allow this, I remember them allowing the land owners to charge the military huge amounts of money for "damage" done for the most simple field exercises. They're very protective of the open land, since there isn't that much of it. Have fun!! Now I know what BJ was talking about!
This is from Klaus Administrator of RDC:

There will be 4 Trophy Trucks, 2 Class One cars and 4 WRC cars (with current Top WRC drivers), Dirt bikes, Freestyle MX plus other types of vehicles and to top it off a music concert.

The Term "Baja" is being used all over the world. There are all kinds of off-road races in Europe that are called the Baja of Spain or Baja of Italy among others. We all know there is only ONE Baja and I am sure they know it too and the naming is rather to honor what we have south of our border. Kind of like there is a Hof-Brau-Haus in Las Vegas when there is really just one.
Is David Hasselhof going to make an apearance, I'll be there.
Where does this leave Robby? He has to run NASCAR in July. Joan

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service