Is he just doing Rally Car or is he going to do the Super Rally as well? He is still doing the X-Games right? I know the Monster truck thing fell thru, but tell me he is still doing the X-Games.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gray - all that was happening. cant blame Robby for having a vision from what Monster gave him the green light on, and then decided to not give him the green light months later.
Was it that or did Robby use his entire Monster budget on RGM? That was me assumption being that they went from sponsoring 1 race a year to 5 this year. I can't blame Robby is that's the case.There has been a lot more investment in RGM than in his X-Games or Monster Truck ventures.
Monster called an audible on their 2010 motorsports budget. Simple as that.
between this audible and the BAM thing, I just don't see how anybody in this business right now isn't completely and utterly (no pun intended SC) done. I can't imagine showing up to work from day to day wondering whether this sponsor or that sponsor will do what they promised. It goes without saying RG has huge stones to put up with this stuff and still stay focused. I'd have cash it all in for a cushy drive-for-hire Hendrick job a long time ago...but that's just me. When your ID is slider, you go for the slow and smooth route.
Dude exactly what I was going to say.

So lets see...
Toyota went with another team.
Red Bull went their own way.
Jack Daniels fell through.
Fruit of the Loom was done.
Harrah's ownership pulled out.
Menards cut back significantly.
Countless other sponsorship opportunities didnt materialize.
Yates fell through.
GEM fell through.
Monster cuts back significantly.
BAM fell through.

After all that Id just say F it.
quiters?!
or go really nuts and find someone with deep pockets as an investor and buy RPM/GEM when they go belly up after this year.

Kahne is leaving, and there are indications that the Dinger may take Best Buy and go to Penske.

Menard wont stay at that point and will take his $$ to RCR or another team that is under the 4 car cap....

RPM won't just run Sadler (hell they're not goping to resign him anyway). That leaves them with 4 cars, 1 sponsor (Stanley) and no drivers.

Gobble them up and get some name drivers who can bring in sponsors.

Though it takes 15-20 million to run one car..it doesn't take $60-80 million to run 4 (economies of scale..)

Has to be some rich crazy person RGM can get as a backer out there...
Gobble them up and get some name drivers who can bring in sponsors.
Those days are long gone. Every team has steeply discounted sponsorship renewals. Rat in the Hat's 2007 prediction of corporate America standing in line to pony up $50 million a year to put their logo on a hood was pure wet dream.

Has to be some rich crazy person RGM can get as a backer out there...
The rich crazy people gave all their money to Madoff.
i often wonder how good robby would be in a hendrick car???????
Just as funny on the scanner, i promise
I don't blame anyone. At all. But it seems that around here some people who pat themselves on the back as "insiders" are all too ready to make announcements on things that just maybe shouldn't really be announced yet. And when they get called for spreading rumors, they're more than happy to call someone like me an asshole. Which is fine, I don't give a fuck if anyone here calls me an asshole. I've been called worse by better....

Maybe I'm old fashioned, or just stupid (probably the latter) but I think contracts should come before announcements. And if contracts ARE coming before announcements, then that's not a sponsor I would be enthusiastic about supporting. If announcements are coming before contracts, Charlie Brown would called that sponsor wishy washy, and from my vantage point, that would make them a rather disappointing sponsor. Which is kind of sad, since Monster has done quite a bit in stepping up for some NASCAR events, and several off road events over the years.

I don't pretend to understand all of Monster's decisions, or agree with half of them. Oh well. I'm not their marketing director and they're not asking for my advice.

Handshakes mean nothing in a world where money is involved.

Oh yes, and I am an asshole....
Robbys 2010 plans were brought to fruitation by Robbys own mouth via interviews at the beginning of the season( Plenty of videos and audio streams to BACK THAT SHIT UP) , NOT by random posts from "insiders" . Robby said so himself. Why do you have a problem with that ? The plans fell through. Thats life. Get over it. If you need help in viewing a video or playing an audio file , email me and I'll help you out.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service