WILL RG MOTORSPORTS DEVELOP AN ALL-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE FOR FUTURE DAKARS!!!!

Its early, or way to early in this years race,but I believe 2010 is the last year the Hummers will beable to race Dakar. Do you think RG will want to build an all wheel drive version of the Hummer for future Dakars to come. I also fill that with the possiblity of an overall could he get the Factory Support from a Major Auto Manufacture?

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Biggest issue is that the KERS or hybrid systems are to complex ,heavy and too costly to run. In racing you want the simplest,most powerful drivetrain you can get for the rules.Dakar will probably eventually run a class for these drivetrains and make up some sort of "greenie" name for it but that is a ways off. He could run a diesel or a smaller displacement motor with a turbo or supercharger
Robby raced Crandon last year and the Guys in the shop plus the whole teams overall knowledge of desert racing I feel we can build an AWD car for next year and compete with VW.
Heres where your wrong, before there was short course back east so cal was developing AWD, back to when McPherson was the first. Then Steve Kelly built his Jeep, which I worked under, then Herbts. Crandon and Chula Vista is where the Pro-4's became so relaiable and beggan to finish more and more races. Then, Carl Renezeder won championship who is related to the Baldwin Family (Jason (rest in Peace) and Josh) and turned it up a Knoch. The Tech, is there and the RGM fabrication can design and build it. It only depends on power design, diesel or regular combustion. Gas on RG.
his overall speed does not compare anyways.
Pro-4 where do think the tech. will come from the 4-wheel drive. The travel is determined by the bump stops that are installed. The overall speed except for a few stages was clearly show by RG#1fan everday maybe you have gone to bed by then. As long as the Rally "RALLY" is in South America, the RGM will have a hard time putting time on BMW and VW unless they find away to use an AWD approach to the race. The Hummer today got a new Tranny and drive tran every stage. So, 500 miles only has to do with the chassis and suspension, well RG's guy revalve or have already revalved the suspension for the next stage if need be. The only thing we agree on is that the builder at the shop can and will design what has to be done, with precision performance.
yah as needed, would not or risk it all in one stage
A Fortin trans is only 30k if you blow on up, thats cheaper than a DNF
maybe they would pull them out and service them later, sorta cycle them round. if they had a new one for each hummer for each day, thats 42 drivetrains. which is pretty redicoulous.

i think the sum of the hummers pace is this, on the right stage, its as fast as anything, but theres few stages like that, rest of the time its abit behind whoever is quickest
Fortin? I'm 99.9% sure the Hummer is still running the Albins box. I dont think he ever ran Fortin's. Also the Albins 5 speed sequential is about $22,000 and the Fortin 5 speed sequential is around $25,000 each. I;m sure RGM is getting the high volume discount. I heard Robby was planning on running the new 6 speed, but the new ASO rules capped the forward gears to 5 in the Open class.
Thanks NIKAL I can always appreciate your comments. I believe with the over-all speed chart it is easy to see that even with the flats, inflation issues, etc;', they did not have a clear advantage or the AWD cars while they are in South America. I'm looking forward to the project, and some good testing in Parker and Glamis this coming year. GAS on RGM.
well said there capt.. couldnt have said it any better myself.
A decade, their Family has been racing a win for over 3.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service