I think about our guys 2008 season. His solid super-speedway finishes, the improvement on the 1.5 milers and it seems that the team gained alot throughout the season. Looking to 2009 and the testing rule(helps us), Toyota's commitment to team information transparency and the fact that small, low funded teams are now more appealing to sponsors and it would paint a great picture for 2009. Am I alone here on this or does anyone else see a top 20 points year brewing with maybe a win at a road course or Super-Speedway?

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its hard to not sound like Jr Nation, but yes... 2009 will be our best year (until 2010). With so many things falling into place we've got nowhere to go but up. Add to that the momentum from such a fantastic finish at Dakar - all things are possible. To be at the race(s) where Robby wins will be a huge personal thing for me, too. Heck, even sitting in my living room when Robby wins will be huge.
We'll see.
I have always thought Toyota was the perfect home for Robby. I was shocked when Robby went to Ford after 2009 and not to Toyota.
I'd echo that, although my hope is that with the knowledge TRD is spreading around that the only gains from a multi-car effort would be spreading the cost of capital improvements over two cars.
2006 is still the high water mark in my mind, and I'm not entirely convinced that the team has gained much ground on the intermediate tracks to rival that season.
With the car of today and it basically be the same with the only differences being the decals sported on the hood and what's under the hood, driver and crew chief are pretty much what the season rides on. I know in football if you have a freshman quaterback you are not going to be that good and in raceing with the cc being in that position of quarterback it would really help with a little stability. So the 7 team should win as long as they continue to progress with the quaterback position and as soon as the 7 team learns that the "wild hog" does not work in nascar they will be a instant contender to win alot of races not just the ones with right hand turns.....................
IMO, the key to the 2009 season is the intermediate tracks. If the RGM new TT COT translates well to the Toy data and setups, we could see a bunch of top 15 finishes. Hopefully, the motors will give Robby the ability to do top 10's on the plate tracks and road courses. We could also see improvement on the short tracks. All in all he may make it into the top 20.
Cautiously optomistic...

RGM is still a one car team. The odds are extremely stacked against ANY one car team.
In light of seasons past, a top-20 finale would be a success in my book.
A top 20 at years end would be a major move forward!!!! He can do that if he stays focused!!!! Let's all hope for the best here and pray that the monkey is off his and our backs for good!!!!!
Qualifying well will translate to better finishes. If you look at all drivers their average finish is not much different than their average starting position because it is so hard to pass with the new car.
My 2009 Predictions
2 wins, 4 top-5 finishes, 10 top-10's
Robby will stun the world and win the Daytona 500!
Will score second win at Sonoma
Will finish 20th in points
Daytona! I thought I was the only one thinking this. He really is a stealth in this crowd. No big money teams testing gives us a better shot. I think Watkins is his too.
Daytona 500 is a legit opportunity. Think back to last summers daytona race. Robby was the only driver that could hold the throttle down through the corners. if Menard hadnt screwed him or the last caution doesnt come out, Robby wins that race. I'm really looking forward to Daytona, i cant wait!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service