Why do all the articles on Penske going to ford leave RGM out of the Dodge Mix?

Penske's departure is a serious blow to Dodge, given that the carmaker isn't affiliated with any other teams on NASCAR's top level. The manufacturer is slated to unveil its 2013 Charger before next week's race in Las Vegas, but as of now has no team to field that vehicle next year.

Views: 6579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dont remember who it is on here that does all the fantasy paint schemes but i'd love to see him put the SPEED scheme on that pic , bet it would look AWESOME

I know the last ones he / she did had a Tecate beer theme to it

You only have to look as far as Mikey Waltrip , Waltrip had no experience as a cup owner but he had and stil has financial support . Waltrip has had no real success as an owner and has only marginal success over Robby as a driver in close to twice the time in NASCAR so as far as Waltrip is concerned I would say that success has little to do with respect.Yet he has been able to become the flagship for a manufacturer and now still maintains a 3 car team. I'll repeat what I've said about RGM, they have a budding engine program are able to do everything in house they would be a hell of a Rebuilding block for Dodge.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

And Also to say Hello Wally ,
I am glad to hear you had a good weekend.

Hey Carl, and thanks it was a blast!

Then again, Mikey had a sponsor in NAPA that was a full sponsor of his car. Dodge already did the 2 car team with factory sponsors when Evernham started up his team with Bill Elliott and Casey Atwood. Not sure if Dodge wants to that again. If not then Robby needs to work with his team and get a full sponsor before reaching out to Dodge for full support.

I am in no way a supporter or fan of Mikey, this is just my $.02

At this point I would like to know what Robby and the #7 is capable of doing at this time. If he did run a full race at Phoenix would he have finished in the top 20 or would he have ended up a few laps down like Stremme, Gaughan or Gilliland. If it would have been the second option, would we as fans enjoy that effort?

I understand what you're saying Rob I don't believe Dodge can justify backing a two car cup team at this time but I have to wonder what RG could accomplish with full Dodge backing as thier flagship and what kind of sponsorship that could help to pull in with RG's international celebrity, Speculation yes but still interesting, I think. ....I believe as fans and knowing his situation we have to support and be happy with whatever we can get knowing that Robby isn't satisfied with the current situation and that he's trying to build something bigger.

I still wonder why Mikey sits in the Fox booth for the race. One would think the "owner" would be down with his team. Wonder who really owns and runs his team.

his investor.

Mikey is nothing but another one going on living on a famous name . Only he's even worse he uses his brother plus the fact it was him that Dale sr was trying to help when he died . AGAIN POPULARITY !!!!! He's a commercial whore . Every other word out of his mouth is either Aarons , NAPA , or now 5hr Energy .

Here's a better link to the NASCAR 2013 Dodge Charger
2013 NASCAR Dodge Charger

Hey Dave is that Charger orange? or just wishful thinking on my part? :-))

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service