Why do all the articles on Penske going to ford leave RGM out of the Dodge Mix?

Penske's departure is a serious blow to Dodge, given that the carmaker isn't affiliated with any other teams on NASCAR's top level. The manufacturer is slated to unveil its 2013 Charger before next week's race in Las Vegas, but as of now has no team to field that vehicle next year.

Views: 6579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just curious but did anyone mention this site? I would love to know if he's doing any homework like looking at his fans?! If he checked this out he would see the wide spectrum he hits both people & machine!

I guess I have to add this when it comes to Dodge. A few years back I had a conversation with a guy selling a CR-500 on EBAY. In the conversation it turns out he was that years National Champion Pro Stock (think that was it) Driver. He also said he was DONE with Dodge and that they were horrible to race with even though they won the Nationals! In his case they would jump from builder to builder and never forge any relationships that would last. He basically said it was the worst year he ever had racing and was more than happy to leave Dodge. Maybe some drag fans could add more because I can't remember his name or actual class. I don't think Dodge has won many pro stocks over the years and could be related as to why Dodge hardly does much racing in all types of racing. The main thing I remember was this guy did not like to race with Dodge because they were horrible to deal with and the builders thought the same.

Just read the article on Jayski about Robby and Dodge, hope Dodge supports RGM. Miss Robby running the full races

Didn't anybody check if the POSTED SIGNS were up. I don't need to say any more do I?

I just sent a email to dianna.gutierrez@chrysler.com as follows. Maybe, there are more of us that should do the same.
The purpose of this email is to make Dodge, Chrysler Corp and FIAT brands aware of a great sponsorship opportunity, namely, Robby Gordon and his international racing program. Besides competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series for over 10 years with the last 5 being a Team / Owner Driver, he has raced and finished at the highest level for a number of years in both the Baja and Dakar races. Further, he has a loyal and dedicated US fan base. But I would say that his international fan base is growing faster both in Central and South America and in Europe. He exemplifies the underdog in a battle against the automotive titans in both NASCAR and the Dakar. With this racer yours and FIAT's brand sponsorship have an opportunity to compete in motorsports at the highest level. I hope that you and your advertisement and race team support personnel will give consideration to Robby Gordon Motorsports as the next SRT and possibly FIAT racing team.

Nice Job Turtle.

may be more to Penske's leaving Dodge for Ford than Nascar. hearing that Ford may be
getting back into Indycar as an engine supplier. who better than Penske to be the lead that program

By GEORGE I think you could be on to something there.

If that was the case then I would have suspected Penske to sign with Chevy in NASCAR as Chevy has returned to Indy this year and Penske was the first to make the jump to Chevy. From what I read the Indy car Chevy deal for Penske is long term just like what Penske and Ford have said about Penske's new Ford NASCAR contract.

Penske has never alined himself with only one manufacture within all his racing series. I dont think Penske ever would. Too many eggs in one basket. I think Penske is looking for a long term commitment with long term financial and technical support. He will be getting that with Ford in NASCAR and with Chevy in Indy car.

The Indycar Chevy deal was about Chevy wanting Ilmor to build their engines again like they did the last time they were in the series. Roger owns Ilmor.

I spent an entire day with Ron Brown, the President of Ilmor last year. He told me that Ilmor will have produced 3500 engines a year(between power boat, auto sports, and ski boat engines)and has production capacity for 15,000 by adding people. It wouldn't surprise me a bit for Penske to move his Nascar Ford engine program under the Ilmor banner, also, and house it there since they have significant R&D facilities. Ilmor already has an ARCA program and had a Ford engine program for Nationwide(then Busch series) teams through 06. Brown said they were already doing R&D for Penske's Dodge cup program.

Don't know if anyone else has seen this but is Robby just fricken invisable?? I guess I'm just nieve but I believe RG and RGM are more than capable of running a top notch cup program if provided the backing. Why do these douche bag no nothing shit dicks continue to discount and blow him off!! http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsocial.nascar.com%2F5a...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service