Whats the update from the RGM camp for the Baja 1000.... If Rob's running do we know with what yet?
T-Truck or the Hummer? I know its not until Nov. but not much to talk about on the Nascar side of things....

Views: 1416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

speedy get a clue the 1000 will not be a S&P never has been never will be
Rg might park it when it cannot be repaired but in a off road race he will never S&P
(now others like ROGER "mans gift to offroad racung" NORMAN) has and will again does
But RG never will
that was meant to be a joke, my hummor anyways....................
I think Speedy was just making funny!!
oops should have read ahead, Speedy I thought it was funny.
Timothy since when has Roger S&P an off-road race? What would be the point, it's not like you get money for showing up, qualifying or finishing less then 3rd place. Now I have seen RG park it for something that is fixable. But RG's plan was not to just finish but he was there to win. Once the win was gone there was no longer a reason to put more miles on the equipment.

Does this look like a guy that S&P a race?

i think it was the Baja 500 last year
he ran off course after about 10 miles
refused to wait 30min for truck to get fixed just climbed into helecopter and left
plus he likes to talk about us non-pro racers like we are a lower life form
this was after the VORRA outlaw extereme 250 mile in reno last year
as a quote i would never know the work it takes to race the baja (wanna bet we just did it with less money)
1977 HDRA 4th overall in points with a class 11
1977 Baja 500 5th in class 5/1600
1978 san felepe 250 3rd in class
2000 to 2006 crew dog for BFG
plus i just do not like his attatude to us non pro racers
Robby said as much in an interview last year that 40's and bigger were just to much for the ring and pinion to handle. I think he was talking about Pistol running 42's?
I've got a question about the V-drive transfer. Why can't you change the gear ratio's in the v-drive like you can in a quick change rear end? That would nullify the tire size, ring and pinion issue.
I think even RG has rethought his statement regarding the 40's. Pistol was running a 40 Maxxis tires. I know RG has run a Toyo 39 on his TT and BFG has just spent huge amounts of money developing a new 42 inch BFG TT tire and a few teams have been trying out. I have yet to hear of any of those teams have rear end failures because if them. A matter of fact the new BFG 42 tire needs to run a 20 wheel and I think only one wheel manufacture has built a wheel for these tires so far. I would think if they did not think the drive train could not handle this new tire they would not have spent the money to develop it. Only time will tell!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service