"Dodge have unveiled their new-look 2013 car, but as yet have not aligned with a top-tier team and will run just one car with Robby Gordon if they can't find a team". Fox Sports

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/nascar/marcos-ambrose-may-...

Views: 2315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Penske Engines and FULL factory support - wow, what could that mean for RGM - Baja, Dakar, too?

I wouldn't read too much into this article. In fact, the whole article is kind of strange... basically rehashing old information while leave out the obvious. Why only mention Ambrose? Why no mention of the #43 RPM team?

It's from the Australian version of the FOXSports site.

Slow day in news world

Agree... very slow and NASCAR isn't the sanctioning body it once was...

In the truck series just a week or two ago, Toyota stepped up and put their sponsorship on Todd Bodines truck. He talked on Sirius about how awesome it was for the Mfg. to step up so they could race. I know it takes a few more $$'s to run at the Cup level, but if you remember when Ray Evernham started his team he had the Dodge Dealers sponsorship. We know they had to be paying some big numbers for that sponsorship.
It is time for Dodge to step up and show RG Motorsports some funds and let them prove what they can be!
COME ON DODGE... STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!!

isn't that when Dodge was selling cars (ok mostly trucks) ?
IMO, Roger bailed becouse he didn't see any thing good from the Fiat guys! It's about Fiat not Dodge.IMO

I would be surprised if Dodge does anything for Robby. I thought that when Hummer went away they could reskin his Dakar trucks, as well as his TT. Didn't Ralph Gilles or someone with Jeep ride with Robby on the Bullrun a little? Many of us hoped that would lead to something. And still, not much. I hope I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem like Dodge is going to throw big money at Robby. Which is too bad because not only am I a Robby fan, I only have Mopars sitting in my garage. Oh well.

Sands ........sands in the hour glass. After all that went on last year into Dakar (South America) and then POW .................Daytona gate where an incredible turn of events gets Robby into the 500 and everything was friggen cookin then the carpet was pulled from under the foot and pulled back to reveal NASCAR was limping along at RGM mean while Rob is crushing the off road scene (the silt thing aside) appearing on here and you tube flying around the country at 100 MPH in a jeep expanding to Sunoco ETC. ETC

I think I'll just let the sands flow and stay posted hoping for the best.

Honestly.....I'd like to see RGM drop to the Truck Series. It's better racing quite honestly, and Robbie could build from the ground up and re-emerge on the Cup scene. He could contend in the CWTS, and run the road races in Cup and actually make some money. I think Robbie would be an absolute TERROR in the Truck Series......just a thought, an entertaining thought at that.

"He could contend in the CWTS, and run the road races in Cup and actually make some money."

Make Money + Camping World Truck Series = Oxymoron.

BTW: His name is spelled R-o-b-b-y

First off.....since my company owner's name is R-O-B-B-I-E....I beg of the type-o Gestapo for forgiveness. Second, since I enjoy watching R-O-B-B-Y run stock car races....not starting and parking or missing races altogether, I'm offering alternatives' ya dig? Thirdly, yes, the NCWTS IS most certainly closer to PURE stock car racing than the politically charged, rolling commercial parade lap that the Cup Series has become. Fourthly, I have witnessed a few careers revived by taking a step back. These ridiculous dollar amounts you people have posted on here from sixteen effing years ago just might have increased over the years, ya think? Fifthly, jt was just a thought for discussion.....drop the elitist attitudes and get over yourselves. Finally, last I checked, guys like Keselowski and Busch are using the Series to build up to eventual Cup ownership perhaps, and guys like Hornaday are making a dollar or two. With pricks like this...no wonder this place is a g.d. ghost town! Good day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service