First I would like to start with a few of my favorite Tweets I have seen in the last 14 hours or so...

Robby Gordon
Exactly. What do u have if you cant have fun? RT @Burm61: RG you have great fans cause you treat em like they should be and have fun with it

Mike Bianchi by Head_Held_HighWhat about changing the name of Great American Race to the Daletona 500?

jennifer6973 Jennifer @ABestwickESPN Liked that Trevor Bayne won, did not like Robby Gordon's pinball machine antics

mantone1 marc mantone
@mrsjustiebiebes....your a cunt idiot just like robby gordon...im sorry you have no clue about racing just like robby gordon

lol ^^^That guy is an idiot and everyone should let him know it...Jr. Nation has to be the biggest group of babies. Cry about it, losers!

Anyways, I was on the edge of my seat for the whole race. RG did a great job and so did the team. When he came out of the pits in first place I'm sure I was screaming joy as much as everyone else but that was freaking awesome. Until the bad stuff happened at the end it sounded like the team was very happy with the car. I can't wait for the Phoenix race now. After the first race last season there, I think it can be a great Sunday for RG and Team Dodge.

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would Earnhardt Sr be proud on how Earnhardt fans have turned into big crybabies like @mantone1 ?
I learned that not matter how good Robby runs or what he does, most are going to blame him if he is close by. Robby did nothing more or less that any of the rest of them did. That is the kind of
things that are going to happen with that type of racing. Good run for RGM,
Glad to see he didn't hang back all day. Car looked Great.
Kvapil Started Jrs wreck..
What I learned was that Robby Gordon is still one of the best drivers in the world, hands down and that it takes a huge amount of luck and friends to win a race like Daytona. Robby saving that car was flat out unreal! I thought he was going to be part of a field clearing wreck. And WHY didn't anyone speak up when Tony stupidly tried to squeeze his way in instead of dropping back like everyone else had done and trying to work his way back up? Why wasn't he blamed for being an idiot? Could you imagine the conversation if Robby would've done that to Tony? Can you see the headlines? Imagine the tweets..."Ban Robby for cutting in front of Tony.....It was stupid aggressive driving...." So on and so forth. Let the What if's start....If Robby would've had someone pushing him on a consistant basis we would be talking about ROBBY winning the 500! Hopefully some sponsors saw Robby and his skills and reward him with enough cash to not only compete this year but for years to come. Hey, maybe Robby gets lucky and Roger Penske sponsors Robby, keeps Robby in the car and adds two more cars to the stable. RGM gets Sam in one and Trevor in the other. Trevor doesn't have a ride for the whole year.... I know, I'm dreaming...but damn that would be nice. Roger Penske would have the same ability to help RGM like Hendricks helps Tony. Who knows?? Maybe this is the year that fate hands Robby and RGM the news and backing they deserve. GAS ON FLASH!!! C-ya in Fontana
Trevor Bayne will not be available for a lonnngggggg time....
Ideally, Tony should have stayed in the middle lane and wait for Labonte to pick him up (who was coming up the middle without a dance partner)...but with 2 to go in the Daytona 500, patience is usually not the norm...
In hindsight and I'm not doing 200 MPH I think RG should have nailed and pushed Tony out of the way. It looks like RG tried to move left when he knew they were going to hit. RG was being too defensive with two laps to go.
Hindsight, yes, he should have driven through Tony.....and if it was a lesser driver or someone Robby didn;t like, I would probably say he would have?
The off season changes for RGM have made the team more of a contender, at least at Daytona. With the strong Penske motors and the great work done by the Penske/RGM pit crew, they ran a fantastic race. Unfortunatly in racing, shit happen and it happened again to Robby. But keep in mind it could have been much worse. I an not a huge fan of NASCAR, but if these changes carry over to the other tracks it would be a shame Robby is on a limited schedule.
After watching it many times I agree with the Jr. brethren and Robby either should have let the entire field go by until coming back on the track or at least used his turn signal while so dangerously merging.

matt
Actually, he should have been Black Flagged for scaring the SH*T out of the entire field for driving so badly he turned his own car sideways.....
Trevor Bayne is on NASCAR Now and they were talking about Robby. He said he liked drafting with Robby and mentioned how damaged his rear bumper was. I thought that was pretty cool.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service