It sounds like Robby may not be running the full cup schedule, and that may disappoint alot of Robby's hardcore nascar fans. But what he plans on doing during his "off-weeks" has me absolutely excited. Robby says he is looking hard at running the Indy 500!! That alone would be awesome. But add in running the X-games rally race, building and (hopefully) running a monster truck, and running the Baja 500 & 1000. That is unbelievable. I am definitely looking forward to what 2010 will bring us as Robby Gordon fans, and I think it was worth the wait. What do you think??

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, there is nothing new. X-Games and Indy are still speculation.
When it comes out of Robby's mouth it extends well beyond your personal speculation.
yes, and what came out of his mouth was that there is no official announcement for Indy. Just working on something.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Even as watered down as the Indy500 is thanks to Tony George and the IRL, 85% still won't be putting a car on the grid....
You are such an ass.
I have that t-shirt
A 85% effort with Derrick Walker helping guide the team is 100% more likely to put a competitive car on the grid than anything Hemelgarn or Curb/Agajanian will push through tech.
So, are the Indy plans official now? Are they??? Since something did actually come from Robby's mouth?

Oh look. I was right again, and the 'insiders' were wrong again.
There's always tomorrow...
I found this on the X Games selection process: http://www.worldrallysport.com/node/5695

Golden Valley, MN, USA — Rally Car Racing returns for X Games 16 as one of the most exciting events on the schedule. With increased ticket sales and television ratings, Rally Car Racing is a fan favorite.

Drivers from the Rally America National Rally Championship series will once again be invited to compete in ESPN’s Summer X Games 16 competition, the leading action sports event broadcast live on ESPN.

Rally America, Inc. will be the sport organizer for the X Games 16 Rally Car Racing event. The selection criteria for the twelve athletes receiving an invitation for Rally Car Racing at X Games 16 is as follows:

1. The three Rally Car medalists from X Games 15; Kenny Brack, Travis Pastrana, and Tanner Foust.

2. The top four overall Rally America National Championship drivers not otherwise invited as of June 8, 2010.

3. Five “At Large” entries yet to be determined. “At Large” entries may or may not be competitors currently active in the Rally America National Championship.

If a driver invited using criteria 1 or 2 declines his invitation, the invitation will become “At Large”. Criteria 2 will not automatically be extended beyond the 4th driver not otherwise invited. Although SP and 2WD National championship points leaders as of June 8, 2010 are not automatically invited unless they meet criteria 2, they will be strongly considered by the selection committee.

This summer’s X Games 16 event location and dates, and a television schedule will be announced in the near future by ESPN.
Who is driving the off weeks
He certainly loves to chart his own course! As long as he does the road course races and wouldn't it be cool if he got a 24 hour le mans ride. He will be exciting to watch even if he's racing camels.
Robby loves off road racing

get it now?

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service