It sounds like Robby may not be running the full cup schedule, and that may disappoint alot of Robby's hardcore nascar fans. But what he plans on doing during his "off-weeks" has me absolutely excited. Robby says he is looking hard at running the Indy 500!! That alone would be awesome. But add in running the X-games rally race, building and (hopefully) running a monster truck, and running the Baja 500 & 1000. That is unbelievable. I am definitely looking forward to what 2010 will bring us as Robby Gordon fans, and I think it was worth the wait. What do you think??

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think these ladies should be at every Nascar race...lol

Thats quality advertising
Their next photo op.

I have read a few of all the posts, and beleive we all have 1 thing in common, that being we are all Robby Fans.
we all want to see him race and be number 1. So many Sundays we sat in front of the TV rooting RG. to finish number 1.
why because Robby has done it his way. And he is a fan favorite, ea. one of has shared a moment in nano seconds with Robby and he has treated each one of like we were special. We relate to Robby because we see him do what he has to do to survive, like many of us, just to get thru the day. we share his dream.
I have been to a few of his signings, and ea. time he treats us like his bud, even my 4 yr old newphew was wearing a 31 orange hat...RG went out of his way to walk over to him and say to Matthew "cool hat". My newphew will always rememebr that moment. Now I have observed oh so many of the drivers walk by their fans scribble the names and never look up. It damn near appears that most of those drivers dont even want to be there.After they wreck they walk away, jump in their jets and zoom off. to their multimulti million dollar mansions....not having anythin vested in their sport, hell other than Tony Stewart most of them dont even have personalities, ever watch the end of the year award show? they dont laugh they dont smile they dont even want to be there, its almost embarrssing to watch...
RG, is from a different breed ........................he does it his way.

sorry for my rant...but we all love the number 7
So, what are the 2010 plans?

Now that announcements are made, and the hopes are dashed what exactly do we have?

If I'm not mistaken we have 8 - 12 Cup races and 3 Off Road Short Courses. I guess it is safe to assume Baja 500 and 1000.

No other Cup. No Nationwide. No Truck Series.

No actual announcements for any open wheel races. (Maybe A1GP actually makes it to grid at Mexico!)

No sports car.

No Rally/Raid.

No American off road (SCORE/BITD)

No actual X-Games announcement
However, its not a closed book.
Understood, but that's basically where we're at right now....

I'm still holding out hope that Porsche calls him for the 24 Hours Nürburgring....
Well lets fix that a bit.

85% Indy 500 with his team managed by Derrick Wlaker. Didn't do it last year.
The #7 will be at EVERY CUP race. -Same as last year
3 Short course TORC races - 2 more than last year
X-Games ralley with WRC car. Didn't do it last year
Monster truck races. Didn't do it last year.
Both Nationwide Road races. Didn't do it last year
Full Score Schedual. Same as last year.

Am I missing something here or is this way better than last year?
There ya go, someone was paying attention in class!!!
1. I do like the short course addition.
2, As of today, there is still no actual announcement for Indy
3. As of today, there is still no actual announcement for X-Games
4. I just can't bring myself to get excited about the MOnster Truck. Awesome that some people are stoked about it, it's just not doing anything for me...
5. It's confirmed that he is running the full SCORE schedule? Any BITD?
But which two road course Nationwide events will they be Fly? There is 3 on the schedule: Road America, Watkins Glen, and Montreal.
road america = no

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service