Just for a couple races

Views: 8541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"WJM, I do not see that as a clear conflict of interest like you do. Nothing wrong with the Doctor taking the tests for his own lab and to me it sounds logical." But is it ethical?Duh..... as you like to say.
I really hope you don't make your living as an attorney.
How much do you really know about the Mayfield case? His sample numbers would have killed him,just say'n

His sample numbers would have killed him.....lol

I get blood tests every 6 months to monitor some meds I take. Normally it is at the clinic, but a couple times they have told me just drop by the lab as it is close to where I live and the clinic is downtown. I don't see this as any different.

I haven't followed the Mayfield case that closely to be honest. Other people have said that the tests showed he was overdosed. Plus, many people question why his teeth aren't junk from the meth. I don't know. But, his arrest sure seems to back up the meth part. On the other hand when you have as much money as NASCAR you can "make things happen" I am sure. But why? Why would they want to black ball Mayfield?

And for sure why would they want to get rid of AJ the same way? He has been good for the sport as a clean cut young likable guy. I think Penske picked him more for those reasons than his driving talent. The Busch days probably strained their deal with Shell / Pennzoil a lot and AJ wasn't going to cause problems. Now, they have problems again and I bet Mr. Penske is really pissed. He flunked the test and I think that to be true. NASCAR didn't do this to him. Maybe there is some other reason that the test came back the way it did? I am sure early this morning AJ was getting tested for Penske. If those tests say he is clean then maybe Penske will go to bat for him.

Marty Smith ‏@MartySmithESPN

NASCAR officials confirm AJ Allmendinger has requested the B-Sample be tested.

Need to hear what he tested positive for. There are many things that may technically tip the scales, but not really be a hazard to AJ or any of the other drivers.

I read someplace that Mayfield was offered rehab but declined and instead took it to court?! I get tested often for meds I'm on, but I did hear that the NASCAR test is for 100 different drugs, so they are very thorough! I don't see this coming back good for AJ, but in life, this may work out for the best. Reading about Mayfield, that's just a tragedy, just painful to watch. I hope, IF it's true, he get's and accepts any and all the help he needs

If I ...........sorry, if a driver is randomly tested he or she should walk right up to the highest ranking member of his team and say "lets go to such and such and I'm going to give a sample in plain view for our own team records. Then when a guy like AJ as he is quoted as being "shocked" by the results gets his birthday surprise there will be an independent test for the "team records". No outfit can tell you that you can't have your own $%^&*( tested. NAZICAR loves driver unity but hell if you are clean and you are going to be "shocked" then get your gun out and fire one off for the team. And I'm not talking about going to war saying "look we have our own sample" I'm talking truth and dignity those two soon to be genetic absences to the human race.

I misread the report on Jayski.....The head line in realty read "The Allmendger's "shocked" not Allmedinger.....Yet I still leave my post the way I wrote it.

I agree. Having once been the VP of Operations for the second largest clinical laboratory chain in the country which performed over 250,000 urine and blood drug screens annually, half were D.O.T., I would like to know what NASCAR's ng/ml cut-off is for each drug being tested.

Our cut-off for a THC was 50 ng/ml confirmed by GC-MS. This cut-off is effective to nail anyone who used within the past 48 hours depending upon the quality of weed. If you smoked good shit, using the 50 ng/ml cut-off will come back positive up to a 10 days after you took that hit. The cut-offs for amphetamines, meth, benzo's, coke, and opiates range from 10 ng/ml (meth) to 2000 ng/ml (opiates).

Ours is set up to be done within 24hrs of notification. This is called random, whatever. They still fail it....If you pass, you receive a fifty dollar check in thirty days. I usually go out for a nice dinner with the winning's ....lol

I'd buy a bag of weed

I bet Roger regrets letting Kurt Busch go. Kurt was a lock for the chase plus 2-3 wins each season. Say what you want about his temper, but the man can race.

Yep , Kurt is hell on equipment , but give him a decent car and he will run it up front or crash trying,the Bush brothers are not scared

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service