Im glad Rob's back in the car this weekend for Daytona... I hope he starts or races he's way

up front and stays there. The riding around in circles off the tail of the pack and pushing hard

with ten laps to go is just not working me or for a potential sponsor. I understand stradegy but come on..... The 7 car has horsepower and Rob knows how to get around Daytona so im hoping for a top 5 this weekend for RGM.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to see Robby race to the front early, maybe lead a few laps and then drift on to the back to hopefully avoid the big one.

Let's just try to avoid losing the draft this time.
Problem is, riding around back is as bad as up front. You loose the draft there and your done as well.
I am guessing going to the front at the beginning to see how the car feels, maybe lead a lap (like Talladega) and then go to the back and ride it out until it's go time. Seemed to work well in 2008
that is the good plan.... Gave DJ 3x 500 victories.
2nd actully, only the 18 beat us
that strategy wasn't used in any of those races. It did give DJ a 2005 Dega win
Actually i know it did. Larry Mac talked about how Robby had used that strategy sucessfully
It seems that strategy is great for a top 15 or so finish... but here lately it seems as if you want to go a little sooner to have a legit shot at the win... It depends on what your trying to accomplish.. RG will do what feels right for him as others have stated.

edit: and yeah what brewski said down there too!
All this chatter is irelavant since the inception and high probalitiy of a GWC and cars barly getting up to speed for the last lap. so leading is the place to be for the last caution. along with the congested first pit stop as well as the last set of tires. all factors are factors that seem to factor in
Seems brewski has cisited the factor factory recently... ;)
Hey TOG, this is the new guy Big O, do you know Robby or talk to him??? Seems you sure know a lot about him. Just wondrin.
I Seriously doubt new. Maybe reincarnated under a new login.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service