Im glad Rob's back in the car this weekend for Daytona... I hope he starts or races he's way

up front and stays there. The riding around in circles off the tail of the pack and pushing hard

with ten laps to go is just not working me or for a potential sponsor. I understand stradegy but come on..... The 7 car has horsepower and Rob knows how to get around Daytona so im hoping for a top 5 this weekend for RGM.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Daytona is one track of a couple where it really doesn't matter where you start. It's who you hook up to at the end.
I would look at RG's past history at restictor races and expect him to ride until the end
Robby will do whatever he feels he needs to do ,based on how the race is going & how his car is driving.I do think 'go time' will be much earlier for RG than in past plate races. I don't care where he runs at, as long as the FIRST pitstop is error-free. Usually there is always some sort of drama on the first pitstop of every race.
Just tell him not to lose the draft! I don't want to chew Rolaids all night!
If it were me I would run up front all day or at "least" make a couple of runs to the front to show my car could get there....I remember Harvick's spotter telling him not to go with the 7 because he didn't have the car to get there....(or something like that) If he don't run up front I hope he at least flexes a little muscle......
Yeah, its been a long time since Robby took his car to the front in a plate race..lol...oh wait....

It's when you loose the draft and have to depend on a caution or Lucky Dog to get a respectable finish, that's why I don't like the in the back method...I know you can finish well but you cannot create your on luck by waiting on a Lucky Dog or wave around....only by running up front and STAYING up front you can create your own luck and even that isn't a guarentee.....and I do know that at a plate race no matter where you run you can get caught in someone elses mess.......plus if you have a car that looses the draft its hard to find a dancing partner.......
RG is going to do what RG feels like he needs to do. They havent stepped foot on the racetrack yet.I am sure he will decide whats best after seeing what the car CAN do after practice & qualifying. Glad its not a start & park.
I'm witya TOG
let's hope the strategy works out like it did at Sears Point...
Good point bighead...
This daytona race is more like a regular race than any other plate race all year. Due to the heat and slick track, the cars handle so bad that the pack spreads out here. I don't think you can rely on the hide and wait strategy. Look at last year, the 14, 11, 18, and 48 ran up front all night and were the ones battling for the lead at the end of the race.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service