According SHR today at Michigan, it appears Tony Stewart will miss the remainder of the season, leaving 13 more races for a replacement. Austin Dillion was tabbed for this weekend with sponsor Bass Pro Shops' help and slated to drive one more event TBD. That still leaves 12 races for SHR to replace to injured Tony Stewart. This has to be any driver's dream if they wanted an opportunity to open some doors. This is a Championship caliber team that sits 12th in Owner Points.

Would love to to see Robby drive in SHR equipment. Have to think the available pool of drivers is limited:
Besides Robby, Regan Smith, Elliott Sadler and Mark Martin are obvious options. Would think Regan Smith will get a serious look with Hendrick/Dale Jr ties. Not sure if there are any NW schedule conflicts and with Sadler and Martin driving for Toyota that might become a roadbloack. Robby would be fun to watch at any track in that 14 car...but I'd be suprised if Regan Smith didn't get the nod.

Views: 2070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not so sure Ford would let him do it. Same with Martin and Toyota.

Martin may have a chance, since he is not in the 55 at all next year. He has earned the right to do what ever he wants.

Joe Ruttman

Swerv'n Ernie Ervin

That is a name I haven't heard for awhile.

I would love to see Johanna Long in the 14 for a race, just as a comparison to Danica. It won't happen, because NASCAR does not want that.

Not sure if I heard correctly this morning but during practice they mentioned Kenny Wallace and Robby Gordon as possible replacements for the next race. Anyone hear this?

not while i'm sippin my coffee..........please

For Bristol? That'd be interesting.

This does not surprise me at all. Think about it folks. Look at Robby's racing back ground. Look at how many times Robby has had to jump in one car, then a open wheel car. The next Weekend off to Baja to run all night in the Desert. Wait I left out sixteen races in the first three Weeks of every year. IMO it's an easy choice as a driver pick. The only issue maybe Robby's sponsorship. Good luck RG I say !

Well some are easy to eliminate...

Elliott Sadler - Doubt JGR wants to help the Chevy of SHR beat their Toyotas
Mark Martin - Be a great story, but Toyota again wants to protect it's chance of beating Chevy
Austin Dillion - already tabbed to race one more event, but according to SHR that's all
Kenny Wallace - No manufacturer ties but really? He's a goober
Robby Gordon - No manufacturer ties but, could Coke keep RG from showing any SPEED?
Regan Smith - Not sure if there's any schedule conflicts but has the experience and drive for JR Motorsports.
There's a ton of young one's like Blaney, but I not sure if any are ready to be thrown to into Cup

Looks like they want Martin , guess SHR will be happy with safe top 15s ,,, Disappointing

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service